the phantom of the opera

i really hate how people believe that they are fans of a book or series when theve just seen the movie. take the phantom of the opera for example, people say that they are in love with the phantom of the opera, but there are some things that it leaves out and some things are wrong:
for starters, its monchicharmin and richard as the managers.
the phantoms "name" is not mentioned in the movie, when really its Erik Destler.
Roul has a brother who is the viscount for most of the book who died when following Roul and the Persian to go rescue Christine from Erik.
Erik has a siern in his castle moat, and the viscount is lead to his death.
The Persian and Erik have a history together.
When The book is about to end, Erik goes to the Persian to say his life is complete, and now he is ready to die.
when it is the masqerade, Christine makes Roul wear a domino suit so she can see him and take him out of ear shot of the phantom. or maybe this is titanic I cannot remember which.
the money that Erik gets from the managers, he hides in the loose floorboard in their office for some time.
madame giry is close to the phantom, and when the managers fire her, and they sit in the box five, they get an apparition from the ghost and tells them to hire back the madame.
Erik has a castle, not a liar and he keeps Christine in his castle for part of the book.
the noose, is the phantoms way of killing because back when he was traveling with the Persian, he got to a king and queen who needed a new torture device, and so Erik made them the noose.  Roul contradicts himself when saying that Erik is not real. There is a line in prima Donna is Said : see to that these plans are rejected! So yeah he already knew Erik was real, he believes in him towards the end and this is in the middle soooooooooo.....
and thats a few there are countless more. read the book, before you watch the movie for movies mostly get them wrong.
the 2004 version, gets it wrong and i believe that it is like the 1900's one and possibly the 2011 one as well.