I'm Not Hungry

Trigger Warning: Disordered eating, restricted diet, and body image issues

"Oh my god, I'm fucking starving," Travis nearly growls as he searches the fridge, ravenous after a long night with little sleep. "What are we eating babe? Time to replenish" he said with a smirk.

Taylor laughed at him, he was always plotting his next move. "I'm all set baby, besides you filled me up just fine..." she quietly added as she grabbed her lemon and water from the fridge.

Her comment was almost enough to fully knock him out, but not quite enough for him not to note that she was choosing not to eat. He recalled last night when she also declined take out, stating that she eaten before he arrived.

He moved on to making his eggs and toast, dancing and singing around the kitchen while Taylor laughed at him, mocking his dance moves. He made extra, thinking once the meal was ready she would change her mind and sit down to eat with him.

"Breakfast is served, let's eat!" Travis exclaimed as the toast popped.

"I told you I'm not hungry, Trav" Taylor said, he noticed some bite in her tone. He decided to let it go for now, not wanting her to think he is tracking her, but he made a mental note that she hadn't eaten and would offer her something later on.

"Baby, time to go! We're gonna be late for lunch!" The couple was headed out to meet up with Blake and Ryan. The concerns Travis had from this morning had dissipated as his morning with Taylor went on, she was acting like herself in all other aspects!

However, a lump in his throat formed when it came time to order.

"Oh no, thank you! I already had lunch, just water with lemon for me please!" Taylor said sweetly to the waiter, not raising an ounce of suspicion in anyone around the table. Except for Travis.

Travis looked at his girlfriend quizzically, because as he recalled, they had spent the entire morning together and he hadn't seen her have a thing. He wasn't sure why she was now declining when he was ready to chow down.

Trying not to over think it, Travis placed his order before putting his hand on Taylor's lower back, leaning into her ear, quietly asking, "You sure babe? When did you eat?"

"Oh I ate quick while you were in the shower!" Taylor replied quickly and confidently, but something about her smile didn't sit right with him.

This was the third meal in a row they were together and he hadn't seen her eat anything. He had an uneasy feeling, recalling the scenes he had watched in Ms. Americana just a few weeks before. There were several reasons, it turns out, why Taylor didn't want him to watch the documentary, her struggles with food and body image being one of them.

The image of Taylor from a few years ago and at least 30 pounds lighter played in his mind, unwillingly. He hated seeing his tall, strong, gorgeous girlfriend look so frail and weak and the idea that she might be having similar thoughts killed him. He knew he needed to talk to her and check in, also knowing that she was not going to be receptive to the conversation.

Travis reached over and turned down the music on the car ride home, earning a funny glance from his girlfriend.

"Hey! I love that song!" She exclaimed, reaching quickly to turn it back up. Travis reacted just as quickly and instead held her hand midair before kissing her knuckles and resting their hands on his thigh.