2

"Good luck today, mon amour," [my love] Charles said to Emilie as she made her way into the Red Bull garage.

"Same to you, mein schatz," [my darling] she replied as she placed a intimate kiss on his lips watching as he walked towards the Ferrari garage.

"Late as always," her father, Sebastian Vettel said, placing his hands on his hips.

"The race hasn't started yet, pa. Plus you know we always wish each other good luck before every race," she reminded him.

Charles and Emilie have been dating since their shared rookie year back in 2018. All throughout their adolescence they denied any feels, trying their best to convince themselves that they were simply friends. The day they found out that they both had contracts in F1 they decided to go out and celebrate. That same night after few drinks, Emilie picked up the courage to make the first move. From that moment on, their story began. They shared podiums, traveled the world together, and did what they loved best: driving. Her father watching them grow and love each other.

Now entering the 2022 season, Emilie had secured a two year contract with Red Bull and Charles still had his five years contract with Ferrari. Emilie had won the first three races in this season so far, projected to win the fourth one as she was starting on pole, with Charles right behind her.

Getting suited up and going over strategies one last time she mounted her car and was ready to start the race. "All you, kiddo," her father boasted as he leaned over her halo and stuck out his fist.

"Bis zum ende," [to the end] she replied, connected her fist with his before he patted her helmet and the mechanics helped her take her car out to the grid.

~

Sebastian stayed in the Red Bull garage, watching intently as his eldest daughter fought for the leading position with Max Verstappen, her fellow teammate. "Mein Gott! What is he doing?!" he complained as he watched as Max went against the team radios call on keeping a steady pace behind his teammate. "He's going to take them out both," Sebastian exclaimed as he watched the battle in front of him.

Turning to look at Horner he watched as everyone flinched and a loud crash was heard. Turning back to look at the screen Emilie's car was flipping multiple times before crashing in between the barricades of the track. Max's car had little to no damage compared to Emilie's current state, but he was surely out of the race as the car would not advance.

Rushing out of the garage he raced to the track pushing marshals and anyone who got in his way. After finally making it to the crash site he was stopped by marshals, watching as Charles frantically tried to get her out. "GET HER OUT!" Charles frantically yelled as he pushed the car to an angle where they were able to drag her out.

Seeing her lifeless body ignited someone sort of reaction in Sebastian that he once again pushed anyone who got in his way and took a hold of his daughter softly as he lifted up her visor, "Emilie look at me. Look at me, kiddo."

His eyes swelled up as his precious daughter should no sign of life. In the background he heard Charles screaming at Max for his careless act. Turning to look at the commotion he watched as a marshal had to hold back Charles from doing anything to Max.

"Papa?"

"Emilie?! Yes, yes! It's me, kiddo," Sebastian cried as he looked down at his daughter, all life coming back to her.

"What happened? Where am I?" she asked, confusion all over her face rather than pain.

"Wha-? You just got in a horrible crash and you're in the Imola GP. Do you not remember?" Sebastian asked, tilting his head slighting in confusion.

"Mon amour," Charles sighed as he quickly made his way to her. "How are you? Does anything hurt-?"

"Why are you calling me mon amour?" Emilie asked as she scrunched her brows.

"What?" Charles chuckled nervously, looking back and forth between Emilie and Sebastian.

"Kiddo, he's your boyfriend," Sebastian clarified.

"I don't even know him. How can he be my boyfriend?"