Pt.4 ('We meet again!')

Pt.4

It's been a few weeks since the party and Sonic had long forgotten Shadow. Sure, he'd developed a tiny crush on him in the small amount of time they spent together but it didn't take long for him to forget due to the mountains of class work being handed out to him from all of his AP classes.

{Monday, 3 weeks since the party}

It hadn't been that long since Sonic started attending physical school but he was already used to it. He was on top of all of his classes, knew a bunch of shortcuts, and made friends with a bunch of other kids from his classes, and on top of that, he hadn't been called into work meaning that he had more time to focus on himself. Everything was going well, nothing could possibly ruin this for him.

He would usually spend his mornings running around the track on campus, though he would have preferred different running grounds like the forest or hills he didn't really have much of a choice. Though the track was a bit small for his liking running around it did sort of help him lose some of the unnecessary energy he had stored in him.

{11:35 am}

Sonic ran out of his 2nd period class and immediately sped toward their usual hang out spot. He never ate lunch except for a bit of fruit since Tails insisted on him doing so, so he'd usually just run off to their hangout spot for lunch and wait for them all to arrive from the cafeteria.

He'd spaced out as he sat alone drawing in his science notebook as he waited for someone to arrive. He was so sucked into his drawing that he hadn't even noticed Knuckles and Tails loudly making their way toward him.

Knuckles put his hand on Sonic's shoulder completely catching him off guard, without a second thought Sonic span around, punched him in the gut, and pinned him down on the ground.

"Whoa, Sonic, easy there!" He gasped, catching his breath after the unexpected punch. Tails burst into laughter, doubling over at the sight.

Sonic stifled a chuckle as he helped Knuckles up. "Sorry, man. Reflexes, you know?"

Tails wiped a tear from his eye, still grinning. "Knuckles, you good?"

Knuckles, rubbing his abdomen, shot a playful glare at Sonic. "Next time, a warning would be nice."

Tails finally managed to control his laughter, patting Knuckles on the back. "Oh, come on, Knuckles. Quit being dramatic. Sonic didn't mean to turn you into a floor mat."

Sonic could barely hold in his laughter, "Yeah, sorry about that-"

"Alright, alright. Drop it before Sonic here decides he wants to practice martial arts on me."

The three of them sat there Laughing and joking around with each other, Tails was seated at Sonic's right, and Knuckles at his Left.

Eventually, everyone else apart of the group showed up, the most recognizable to Sonic being, Amy, Silver, Blaze, and Rouge.

Rouge walked up to the 3 with the others trailing behind her.

"Hey, Sonic!" She called out with a hand on her hip, "We're going out to a cafe for lunch you wanna come?"

"I almost forgot about that-" Knuckles chimed in

"So?" Rouge asked,

"I don't see why not!" He smiled as he pulled both Knuckles and Tails up and off the bench and toward the group.

Sonic had enough money, MORE than enough money to pay for some food so he didn't mind tagging along. He never ate lunch or cafeteria food in general anyway so in a way this would be a nice treat.