Prologue

War. Pain. Fear. Love. Friendship. Discovery. They are all so different, yet so alike. They can both hurt and heal. Just like us. Oh, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? For starters my planet is at war. There are two sides, the Lazonians and the Freedom Fighters. At one time we were allies, friends, neighbors. Once upon a time ago, we were a happy society, full of joy, peace, love, rainbows, unicorns-Okay that's a lie. We weren't perfect, but then again, who is? Sure we messed things up, but we're only human, and we fixed things in the end. But none of that would have prepared us for the Lazonian attack. I am a Freedom Fighter, born into this war. We, and every other Freedom Fighter base camp on the planet, spend time working on our defenses, and teaching everyone ages 13 and up to fight, to defend themselves. We are all safe because of a magical barrier that protects us and every other base camp. In every camp there are wizards, fighters, magus, leaders, and of course, protectors. Protectors like me. Protectors like my friends. Protectors like an enemy. People who are all tied together with a single piece of string, invisible to the human eye. We just didn't know it then. There's a lot we didn't know then. But who am I to spoil a good story?

A/N - New author, so any constructive criticism and feedback would be much appreciated.