Chapter 39

ARIA

Guess who's walking hand in hand through the paddock?

I am.

With Lewis.

Cue the squeal.

Lewis asked me a few days ago if I wanted to be his girlfriend for real. Like hold hands in public, hugs, kisses, all that stuff. I obviously said yes. So, now, as he's lifting our intertwined hands and placing his arm on my shoulders, holding me even closer, while brushing a kiss on the top of my head, I'm over the moon happy.

We're again matching, him in a sponsor T-Shirt from APOLLO, the team cap, a pair of jeans and sneakers, and me in a pastel blue blouse, some white high-waist pants, sneakers, my lucky necklaces, a pair of sunglasses and my hair straightened, falling down my shoulders. Lewis also has a pair of sunglasses on, since the chances he'll get recognized and people will ask questions about his racing career are smaller like this.

"Oh my Gosh", we can hear a voice say. Lewis and I turn around in sync and see Lia, the model dating one of the F1 drivers I spent some time with weeks ago. "This is the best thing I have seen today", she continues, smiling bright.

Lewis gives her an amused look, then looks at me once more and brushes a kiss on my cheek. I can't help but blush.

"Just wait til those f1 wags editors find out about this, they'll go insane", she tells us, probably as a joke although I don't really think it's one. I know they will. I posted a picture of two lattes a few days ago, and tagged Lewis, since we're officially dating, and I thought it would be sweet. That post went viral. Like legit viral. I found edits of it, some more edits of "When they are the new IT couple", then "the influencer girlfriend" and "the racer boyfriend", although Lewis isn't even racing anymore. Then, this f1 wags account I sometimes check cause it gives me all the gossip I need to know before coming to a Grand Prix, suddenly reposted my post and where there are highlights of each couple, each highlight named like "Naomi and Ezra", "Lia and Theo", "Willa and Grey" or "Mara and Crew", now appeared a new highlight. "Aria and Lewis." People need to understand I am not a F1 wag. The funniest thing was, the highlights' covers are usually a photo of the couple kissing, but since we lack such a photo, ours is of the two lattes.

So you'll have Lia and Theo kissing in Paris, then a highlight of a bunch of stories of them, reposted pictures from Lia or Theo, pictures made by fans of them, videos. Then, Naomi and Ezra, a picture of them kissing in a photo booth. Then some pictures of them in the paddock, a video of Ezra surprising Naomi at one of her tennis tournaments, some pics made by fans. Then a few more highlights for the two other couples, both of them following the same pattern. Then us. Aria and Lewis. Cover picture: two lattes. Highlight: two lattes.

Thrilling.

I smile at Lia, who spotted someone else in the crowd and excuses herself, running over to that person to greet them. Lewis and I exchange an amused look after the conversation and continue our way to our garage. We pass ASTORIA on the way, where we want to stop to say hello to Chris and Fabio, but they aren't there. Apparently, they are over at our garage, giving an interview with Levi, Gruff and the two ESPEN guys, Johnathan and Nik. I can see Lewis tense a bit at that, growing the pace a bit as we head over to APOLLO. He's still holding my hand though.

As we arrive, we go straight to the pit lane where we find the six giving an interview. Lewis leans against a pole to get a good view and stay out of the cameras, and takes me in his arms to keep me in a hug. He rests his head on my head and we both watch the interview.

"The blonde guy with the small beard is Nik Schulz", he tells me. "German racer, drives for ESPEN." He then points me at the man with the brown hair and dark eyes next to him, the one who I recognize as Johnathan Dott. "And that's Dott."

"Why do you all hate him so much?", I can't help but ask.

Lewis shrugs. "We used to be best friends with his old teammate, Seb Weston. But Johnathan didn't like him, so he got him fired."

"Can he do that?", I can't help but wonder.

Lewis nods, his head still resting on mine. "He did it, so he somehow found a way to. We're not hating ESPEN, Nik is actually okay. We only hate Johnathan. There's a difference."

Just as he said that, Johnathan discovered us and sends us, well Lewis, since he doesn't know me, an icy glare. Since the other drivers followed his gaze, now Levi, Chris, Fabio, Gruff and Nik have seen us, and their expressions differ. While Levi looks at us proud, as if he were the one that made the ship, Chris and Fabio look happy we're happy, Gruff looks as if he just saw a ghost and Nik seems a bit surprised, but then his expression gets back to relaxed. The journalists saw us too, since they're not dumb, and I'm pretty sure one of them took a picture. Levi, thank the universe, brings their attention back to the drivers. "Did you know it's Fabio's middle name day?"

Fabio looks at him clearly saying what the heck. Chris bursts out in a laughter, while the ESPEN guys' mouths twitch. Gruff is clearly done with the guys.

"Oh, really?", the journalist asks, not having realized it was a made-up nonsense. "What's your middle name?"

"I don-", he wants to say, but Chris joins the game.

"Perceval", he says.

"Followed by Nikolas."

"Gregory."

"Antonius."

"The third."

"And which of those names is celebrated today?", the reporter asks.

I can't help a chuckle. Lewis, who has more self-control than I do, doesn't.

"The Lord one", Levi tells the woman.

Fabio is one step away from punching Levi. Chris smirks as he puts his pair of sunglasses on.

"You can always count on APOLLO and ASTORIA to make the day interesting", the reporter replies.

I can see the ESPEN guys sharing an annoyed look, but Levi gives the camera a look that I'm sure will later be edited with "Under the Influence" as audio.

The journalist is so close to drool herself.

"Okay, loverboy, racing time", I can hear Chris tease Levi.

Fabio chokes on a laughter.

The woman blushes, and Lewis and I share an amused look.

The camera stop rolling and the journalists leave, so do Nik and Johnathan. Gruff goes speak to some of the people in the pit crew, while Levi, Chris and Fabio come to us.

"I see Austria worked its magic on you two", Chris says smirking. I nod, while Lewis gives me another kiss on my temple.

"Any plans for the holidays?", Fabio continues. The Austrian GP is the last GP before the fourteen day break.

I smile happily now. "Lewis and I are travelling on his yacht down the French Riviera."

"Winter comes too", he adds.

The three guys share a look, as if they were perfectly proud of their best friend. "Sounds perfect", Chris replies.

I nod, since I know it will be. I already can't wait.

Someone calls them and they have to go, yet not before Levi stops and winks at the two of us, saying: "You owe me big time."

"Sure, we'll ship you with someone, Levi", I tease him.

The guy shows me the middle finger while walking away, yet I can hear Chris and Fabio laugh.

"Blonde or brunette?", Lewis helps me out here.

"Shut up, asshole", Levi counters.

"I'll take that as a brunette", Lewis replies.

He flips Lewis now off, getting further and further away from us.

I look up at Lewis then, not knowing what the plan for the day is. I am off assistant duties for today, since my boyfriend gave me a free day. How romantic.

"What now?", I ask him, smiling bright.

"Now, we watch the race."