Blood Debts

Blood Debts

STARLING CITY

3 YEARS AGO

"Oliver Queen is alive"

Those words hit Patrick like he had been struck by lightning.

Patrick and Laurel had just finished a movie date at Laurel's house after 3 years of being together, when he got a call from his mother, who said to check the TV.

Now he was rushing home in his car.

QUEEN MANSION

Patrick barged into the house and looked around in a frenzy and finally saw his brother hugging Thea. Oliver looked down and smiled at Patrick and looked down.

STAR CITY ROOF

PRESENT DAY

Projectile and Black Canary were on a roof top beating up some Ghost. They left one awake. Projectile grabbed him by the neck and broke his arm with Black Canary by his side and lifted him up.

Crimson Projectile: (he spoke in a deep and intimidating voice) if you enjoy having functional arms, I suggest you tell us where Darhk is. WHERE IS HE?!?

Black Canary: (she put a hand on his shoulder) Projectile!

Before anything else could happen the Ghost bit down on his teeth and electricity shot through the Ghost's body, rendering his body lifeless.

Crimson Projectile: Damn it!

ARROW CAVE

Patrick and Laurel were in the elevator heading down to the base, Patrick trying not to meet his girlfriend's eyes.

Laurel: Patrick, we need to talk about what just happened.

Patrick: I just interrogated a Ghost. What of it?

Laurel: Patrick, you broke his arm.

Patrick: so?

The elevator doors opened, revealing the base to be empty.

Patrick: Oliver and Dig must've gone on patrol.

Laurel: we're not going to gloss over this. You're starting to sound a lot like Red Hood.

Patrick: Maybe the city needs Red Hood. (Laurel's eyes went wide) If I was still in charge of the Militia, Felicity wouldn't be in the hospital.

Laurel: and you wouldn't be with us. You'd still be trying to kill Ollie. Patrick (she put a hand on his shoulder) don't put what's happening to Felicity on you. It isn't your fault.

Patrick said nothing for a bit, worrying Laurel.

Patrick: We should go visit her before the surgery.

Laurel nodded but was nevertheless worried about him.

STAR CITY HOSPITAL

Laurel and Patrick both walked down the hall and saw Diggle and Thea talking to a blond woman who had tear in her eyes. They noticed the couple approaching.

Patrick: (he turned to the blond woman) I don't believe we met.

Donna: I'm Donna, Felicity's mother.

Patrick: nice to meet you. How is she?

Donna: (she wiped some of her tears) they just finished prepping her.