1 | The lost soul of District 12

"President Snow," Constantine, his personal assistant and head game maker, quipped quietly, keeping his soft brown eyes to the president's face, "The reaping will start very soon

"President Snow," Constantine, his personal assistant and head game maker, quipped quietly, keeping his soft brown eyes to the president's face, "The reaping will start very soon."

"Yes, Constantine. I'm aware." Coriolanus said back, the annoyed edge in his voice obvious. But his hatred for the outfit kept him preoccupied, his assistant looking away awkwardly as he adjusted his suit.

He was wearing a black tie that hung down his white shirt, wrapped smugly in his red suit (A walking red flag, Livia had half-joked with anyone who would listen to her incompetent puns). The rims of his suit and pants were hidden with gold trims, complementing his black gloves and shoes.

He had never really worried about clothes, the last time he bothered to care was when Dr. Gaul had made him give that fatheaded speech about graduating top of her class. Given his daily late-night study sessions and mad-man work ethic, he lost his sense of fashion in a flurry of assignments and tests.

He had worn something similar, but the shocking discovery that they were supposed to be wearing their school uniform instead of something nice delayed his speech by a whole ten minutes. The grandma'am had thoroughly chewed him out over it later.

Since then, his maids have prepared his clothes, if one could call these clothes. These clothes were stiff, making it hard and uncomfortable to move around, let alone socialize with other people But maybe that was good. He could fake his smile all they wanted, but he hated most of them. They were a distraction from work.

But preferring not to toil away with his sanity, he turned with the smile plastered across his lips as if he were plastic himself. "Ready," he declared to his assistant, who only nodded with a tedious expression, his anemic skin tight over his poker face.

The president walked to the door, his assistant swaggering behind him like a pet as they crossed through the halls. At some point, between greeting people with a half-hearted smile and the crashing expression as they reached an empty hall, Coriolanus had remembered to check for updates on Panem.

"Constantine, please alert me of anything big going on in Panem," he asked, arms folded behind his back as he walked forward, seeing the corridor end with a room, filled with cameras, seats, and busy bodies.

His assistant nodded, effortlessly slipping a small tablet from his pocket. It grew triple its size in seconds, and Constantine turned it on, flicking through messages and alerts with keen eyes, scanning the screen like a hawk with its prey.

"District 7 has increased its production of lumber by 32% percent. This astonishing increase is being looked into by officials in seven, and District 1 has repaired their destroyed factories, which were taken out by rebels in the past years. This has caused their rates to go up by 3%. With this average, we can confirm in the next 15 months, Capitol reselling of items such as diamonds, gold, and especially silver will be far more common."

Apparently, District 3 had a few hangings, while district 4 had a rebel in their midst. Nothing else seemed to be happening, and they soon found themselves at the threshold of the room, where 24 young adults were seated in front with red chairs and bad attitudes.