Eric.

Take me back to those icy winter nights. Evening strolls through the eerie yet calming park, as we admire the glistening moon. Like fairies elegantly dancing as they descend, white powder softly coated the bare trees. Branches crooked like spiny fingers, pointed and stared at us whilst your amiable hands gently clenched mine. Walking through that wonderland sent a quiver throughout my body as you slowly caressed my cheek with your soft yet poignant touch. Our bench, our pub, our church, our street. Our memories belonged to us with only the creatures of the night intruding on our passionate romance. If only I had moved. If only those hellish lights didn't swerve. If only you hadn't saved me.

SNAP.

Fireworks awoke my conscience as the swarms of busy Christmas shoppers suddenly appeared, surrounding me in a pit of downhearted delight. Feeling out of place, I looked around for him; but he was not there. He had never been there. It felt strange returning to our street after such a melancholic year without him; too many memories flooded my senses, blinding me to the child I had just trampled over. Cries of sorrow and agony rose from my feet but I just ambled away. Immense gales deafened me as I clambered through the swarms of people, too cold to care for others, too stressed to realise my loss. As I was swallowed by the hoard, a glimpse of our bench sitting occupied by the next set of adoring lovers stood still. My stomach began to shiver. As did my flesh and bones as the unusually malignant gust of bitter air swept through me: paralysing my every move. Illuminated stars seemed to shine from above as if they were observing my suffering, trying to aid me, brightening my hardships from the virulent murky sky. Reaching -with my eyes- towards the salvations of fire, a flicker of white reflected light shone to the side of me; above our church was the source. Intrigued as to what (or who) had changed up there, my eyes fixed towards the grandiose clock, searching for that hidden secret. What was it? Where had it gone?

SNAP.

A crow flew easterly with a distressing flap, scurrying away like rats from exposure to glowing lamps. Hidden among the hypnotic gargoyles of grief with grimacing grins that cursed the mere mortals below crouched a camouflaged creature. An obscured man-like figure emerged closer to the edge, peering over the brooding Brobdingnagian building- with a blinding white face that reflected the cries of the strobes and the stars calling from above. Dancing shadows provoked a melancholic glow as its face sharply scouted for something amidst my kind. What was it hunting for? What is it that it shall wish to seek?

It must have found its prey.

It's gothic but gracious attitudes imprinted onto my body: immobilising all other emotions other than fear and distress. Its ominous nature invited me into it's sinister yet salvation like stare-infecting me with it's venom but soothing me with it's mystifying movements.

Then I realised.

Those familiar eyes-as mesmerising as the steady downward spiral of snowflakes -interlocked with mine. His beguiled stare sold sanctuary to me; a warm sensation filled my frozen remains.

He had found me.

It was him once more.

My darling Eric, once more.