Prologue

(for a better experience listen to the song I put above while reading)

20 years ago

In the fantasy realm where magic flows

You'd find yourself opening doors

Specks of dust and powder scattered on the floor

They forgot who we are....we are Salhor.

From North to East and South to West

Beneath the horizon close to the ocean's crest

A true heart's bravery shall survive under tests

To find what he desires he shall give up on the rest.

From desert to forest the mountains that touch

You'd find two crystals that are torn but untouched

And in the forest' embrace you shall give up

Emotions have no place when memories are enough.

For centuries Salhor stood powerful.

For centuries the lands of Myrithia, Falador, Aladea, Viridyn and Faeshill were protecting the realm using a powerful tool that gave them unique powers and provided them with strength meant to keep the balance steady... a beautiful, enchanting powdery substance extracted that was enhancing their powers, gifting new abilities called The Scented Pollen.

And in the heart of the realm, a forest guarded by the highest rank of Faes, superior even to the Royals of the Five Courts, secured the Scented Pollen with their own life for nobody to abuse it.

Until now.

*

The Pollen was now everywhere. Scattered on the ground, thousands of gold particles were floating gently on the wind's enchanting rhythm amidst the gnarled trees, falling graciously into the stretched open hands of a young boy and turning their glimmer into a pale gradient. His eyes gleamed with a mysterious hue as he swept his gaze across the enchanted forest, taking in the view.

It was quiet. And through that moment, in the air, it was lingering uncertainty and despair.

The fireflies that used to fly around the branches were now dull in colour. The birds' thrill faded into desolation after the battle, leaving nature injured and unable to recover. The deers who once slept peacefully across the river, were now backing away in fear at the view of a Fae.

Salhor was silent.

Recoiling the moments when he used to play outside with his friend, dancing under the stars and the wind whispering tales of joy, the young child felt all of his memories wrapped in the essence of a dazzling dream, his essence becoming more aware of the surroundings wrapped reality. There weren't anymore his friends from the neighbouring kingdoms who were going to play with him until the sun dipped behind the clouds. There wasn't the sound of the parents yelling for their children's names to organize the festival of Solstice and the Royal Court was no longer seen. There wasn't music. There wasn't the magic of the ice floating around. There wasn't.

Once again...Salhor was silent.

The boy pulled his hand into a fist, holding the material of the sleeve and bringing it to his eyes, rubbing them quietly. A few strands of hair fell down his forehead covering the small cut he got during the battle he participated like a silent spectator in a muppets show.

Once the snow started falling, he looked to his side only to see a woman and a man holding a small baby in their arms and placing a delicate necklace over their fragile form among the other Faes who were searching for their beloved members in despair. He stood up from the frozen bench, glancing briefly at the bush of ice roses that withered.

What a way to celebrate their blooming he thought.

His birthmark tingled. All of their birthmarks tingled.

And once the honey-bathed colour that adorned their skin slowly drained, they all knew that the Pollen no longer existed.

The boy watched silently with his mother holding his arm how his beloved land of snow and frost raised their borders up. No fae was allowed anymore to travel between the kingdoms as the danger that lurked was greater than what they would've anticipated now that they lost the ability to fly. Subconsciously his delicate wings wrapped around his figure in a protective cocoon as he closed his eyes wishing that all of this would've been a treacherous dream. 

Screeching his teeth, he took a sharp breath. 

He had to rule the kingdom. He was now bound to be a king. And he had sworn an oath that if there were any Keepers left, he will make them pay.

A/N: And we are here! I have something very important to tell you which is that Frozen Hearts will have an original soundtrack thanks to a very special and dear person to me :'). This is just the demo for now so I invite you to show some appreciation to this amazing talented person! And go subscribe on the channel!

Get ready to enter in the journey that I have prepared for you! Which kingdom do you think it is? Who is that little boy and what do you think about the verses from the beginning of the Prologue? Would they have any connection? I will see you soon with the first chapter! Next update will probably be in some days! (I'm working on my University finals too)

I'll see you soon my FAEbulous people.

-MAVE