𝟎𝟎 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏

You were sitting in the back of a car in front of a building... thinking. Stuck in your head thinking of your life. You were a successful writer. You were very successful so much so that your books were bestsellers all over the world. You were still coming along good with your books too. But with you rising as a bestselling author over the years many other things came along as well. Things along the lines of houses, cars, and fans. Just because you had all these things didn't mean you were the happiest person. You were very grateful for all you had but that didn't mean you didn't have your problems. You were never able to escape your past nor your health problems...which were many.

Your health problems made your life difficult. But you tried to enjoy life to the fullest knowing it could be worse. Your health pertains to your mental and physical health. Your mental health was ADHD, Manic behavior, depression, anxiety, PTSD, being your main mental problems. Physically you had the crappiest lungs which caused you to carry an oxygen tank on your person at times (like now). Leading you to have severe chronic asthma, you also had a low immune system meaning you were able to get sick easier and faster. Yes, you knew you had it rough but couldn't bring yourself to complain knowing others had it worse than you. So all you could do was take it one day at a time and deal with all your problems as best as you could as they came your way.

These problems though caused you to see a therapist. This started from a young age to help you with your feelings along with the events that had happened to you in the past to your most recent life events. You've never really had conflicted feelings with your therapist up until now. Because right now you were about to make a big change in your life upon the request of your therapist.

At the moment you were looking upon the vast building in front of you anxiously. You had so many thoughts running through your mind at the moment both positive and negative. You honestly didn't know what to do as you looked upon the building with worry.

The building was an adoption agency... an adoption agency specifically for hybrids.

Yes, in this world hybrids were very real, being discovered years before you were even born. And right now you were glued in your seat. Scared of what you were about to get yourself into with the possibility of adopting a hybrid today. Will he or she like you? Will they accept you and your differences? Will they be able to adapt to your way of living? Your rambunctious thoughts were soon cut off by someone in the driver's seat clearing their throat to catch your attention.

"Miss Y/n its about time that we get going in don't you think?" They had asked softly while looking at you with a small smile. That someone was your human butler. Who has been with you ever since the first book you wrote was a bestseller, which was about five years ago.

Xavier Johnson was his name and he was a man in his late thirties. Xavier knew everything about your health and past which led him to take the job. Especially, when he found out you were just a caring and humble young woman who needed extra help in life.

"Do you think I should do this Xavier," you whispered nervously as you carefully played with the smooth tube connected to your oxygen tank.

"Personally I think you should. You need the companionship along with the socialization and who knows maybe it'll be different with a hybrid. But that is just me, you should do whatever you're comfortable with Miss L/n," Xavier told her straightforwardly. He wanted her to know his thoughts. Which you took into consideration. It took you minutes to rethink everything and ready yourself for this big change in her life.

"Okay let's go then before I change my mind," you sighed out.