𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

The hunger games were an annual event happening to entertain the society and also act as punishment for the rebellion formed by the districts.

Each district was responsible for a different segment of Panem's economy, and, together, they kept the post-apocalyptic world habitable.

--> Members of District 1 are known to produce luxury items such as jewelry. Due to their skill in craftsmanship, the goods that come out of District 1 are used to decorate the Capitol. Those who live in District 1 are some of the wealthiest citizens of Panem. Tributes from District 1 are known as "Careers" because they train for years before competing in the Hunger Games, using their wealth and status to become elite warriors and get a leg up on the competition.

-->District 2 is one of the largest communities in Panem. It is also home to wealthy citizens, resulting in a positive relationship with the Capitol. District 2 is known for its masonry and weapon manufacturing.

--> The primary industry in District 3 is technology as the people there produced televisions, computers, and other electronics.

--> District 4 specializes in the fishing industry with the citizens train in this industry from a young age. The citizens in District 4 are known to be wealthy and very good-looking. Their tributes were also Careers and are generally seen as strong contenders thanks to their ability to find food for themselves.

--> District 5 is responsible for power and electricity. The area produces the electricity that powers all of Panem. They house a hydroelectric dam where many of the citizens work.

--> The core industry within District 6 is transportation. It serves as the hub for the transport network throughout all of Panem.

--> District 7 supplies Panem with copious amounts of lumber. The area is said to be surrounded mostly by trees and the tributes of District 7 often use the signature weapon of an axe.

--> District 8 is known for its work in the textiles industry. One of their factories is dedicated to producing the uniforms used by the Peacekeepers

-->The principal industry at the focus of District 9 is grain production.

--> District 10 focuses on the livestock industry. Their main job is to raise animals and supply the meat to the Capitol.

-->District 11 is said to be composed of a vast area, possibly the entire Southern region of Panem. Agriculture is the is industry of District 11, as the land was covered in orchards, crop fields, and cattle farms.

-->District 12 is the smallest and poorest district in Panem. The district was located in Appalachia, and their primary industry is coal mining.

...........

Even though very poor, Jolene loved her home. She lived in a cabin just outside the woods with only her mother. She was raised with manners, not to shout, not to disagree and most importantly not to gain attention.

The fear from being a tribute had almost made her mother mad. Some may even think Jolene's mother was a crazy woman...but in reality she was just a concerned mother who loved her daughter.

Growing up Jolene was very social and loved playing around in the woods and collecting flowers with her best friend, Lucy Gray Baird. Her mother had warned her about Lucy and how she was too adventurous but never stopped Jolene from hanging around with her.

The only time she got into a problem was last month. It wasnt technically her problem but Mayfair seemed to think so. Billy had told Jolene that he was in love with her and Mayfair was just insufferable. She began accusing Jolene that she stole Billy from her. Truth being that Jolene had turned him down because she thiught love at those circumstances was foolish, he didnt even know her that well.

So what will happen to our little dove?

AUTHOR NOTE:
This was an intoduction to Panem and Jolene's backstory
Love
-ejona