Cyberwoman

Ghost smirked as they watched the basketball game unfold before them. They would have played, but there was already an even number of the team playing, even though Jack had suggested they could because they were at least two people in one. Ghost cheered when Owen placed the ball into the hoop, ending the game.

"First round's on you, boss." Owen declared. "Girls, get your handbags,"

"Of course, that was an illegal move," Jack argued.

"Totally illegal," Tosh agreed.

"Yeah. Keep telling yourself that, yeah? Losers. Bye!" Owen teased.

Ghost laughed when Jack dragged them along; they sent Ianto a wave as they were dragged through the doors.

***

"He's never seen a live rugby match," Gwen said as they walked away from Torchwood.

"I have other things to do with my time," Jack argued, winking at Ghost.

"Rhys knows a bloke whose cousin works at the Millennium Stadium. We should all go to the next home international,"

***

"And she said, Do you know how difficult it is to find a man in this city?" Jack laughed as he retold a story at the bar. "He had a nice flat, all his own hair, so frankly, a couple of tusks I can live with,"

Tosh looked at her phone as she got an alert: "UFO sighting over Cardigan Bay. Seven calls to emergency services,"

"Can we at least finish our drinks, please?" Owen whined.

"Sure. Take 10 seconds,"

Ghost smirked as they chugged the remainder of their beverage.

***

"All I'm saying is, once in a while, I'd like to drive," Toshiko reasoned as the members of Torchwood walked back to base.

"And all I'm saying is no," Owen argued.

"Why not?"

"I've shared cars with women before. I know what will happen. There'll be an emergency; we're all raring to go. I jump in; what do I find? The seat is in the wrong position, and the rear-view mirror is out of line. The steering wheel's in my crotch,"

"Probably the only action your crotch will get," Ghost teased.

Jack laughed.

"What about a rota?" Gwen suggested, "Different people drive on different days,"

"We're a secret organization hunting alien technology from an underground base, and you want a rota for who drives," Jack said.

"Just trying to help,"

"Tosh, call up the radar within a 50-mile radius of the bay for the last six hours. Gwen, check with that man, Neil I think his name was, voice like Sean Connery, at Jodrell Bank. See if they picked up any chatter around the time of the sightings. Owen, access the airspace provision over Cardigan Bay. Also, any RAF flight plans, see if it's just a case of mistaken identity,"

"Is that Neil?" Gwen asked over the phone. "It's Gwen Cooper from Torchwood. I know. We're always after something, aren't we?"

"Ianto!" Ghost greeted, "Missed you at the bar,"

"Bit busy taking care of things here," Ianto reasoned.

"Ianto," Jack called out. "Would you work some coffee magic?"

Ghost looked up when the lights began to flicker.

"What's happening?" Gwen wondered.

"Internal power drain," Toshiko reasoned.

"What's causing it?"

"Something big to drain that amount of power," Jack noted. "Tosh, run a system diagnostic,"

"Actually," Ianto said, "we've been having generator problems all evening. I was down there checking earlier. A couple of bits of cabling have come loose. I thought I'd fixed it,"

Ghost tilted their head to the side.

"Let me have another look,"

"Fine. Go check," Jack agreed.

"Wants some help?" Ghost suggested.

"I'm fine,"