fourteen

~

Neteyam and Tslosi made their way back to the clan, hand in hand, a few sneaky smirks coming from their friends.

"Kiri!" Tslosi called in shock, seeing the girl sitting up inside the Marui, "you're okay!"

Rushing up to Kiri, Tslosi threw herself onto the hug, embracing the girl in relief. Kiri awkwardly chuckled, patting her friend's back.

Neteyam knelt down as well, repeating Tslosi's actions before finding his place standing next to her. Tslosi slipped her hand into his, holding his arm close to her.

Ao'nung stood behind, a sorrowful expression on his face as he watched the two. He was happy for Tslosi, though his feelings had not lessened.

"You have matured, Brother," Tsireya nudged her sibling, his eyes rolling in return. He was known to be selfish and to wear a standoff persona, seeing him sacrifice himself for her to be happy, brought a sincere smile to his sister's face.

"It was never meant to be," he sighed, dismissing himself from the situation.

Hours later, Tslosi and Neteyam strolled down the banks of the village, hands intertwined as they enjoyed the sun setting in the distance. Upon their confirmation of their mutual feelings, a heavy feeling left them, instead a new perspective of Pandora fogged their vision.

They were to experience all of the wonders of Pandora, all over again, only this time they would be together instead of alone. The pair drifted inland, disappearing to the clearing in the woods they always seemed to stray to.

Tslosi admired the bioluminescent specks littering Neteyam's as she trailed behind him, her free hand hovering just above them before lightly grazing his markings. Neteyam stopped mid stride, his head turning over his shoulder with a smile.

It was their escape. An escape from the expectation of others, from the judgement. Here, they could be themselves. They could enjoy each other's company, without distractions. They could be together.

The forest seemed to hold a new aura, a purple hue leaking through the leaves, mixing with their blue skin to create an indescribable shade of deep periwinkle. Tslosi released Neteyam's hand, stepping around him to stand facing the Na'vi boy.

"Neteyam," she breathed out, desperate to hear his name, "I see you."

Neteyam grasped her face between his palms, his right thumb gently rubbing her cheekbone as he dropped his head lower, "I see you."

The two slowly closed their eyes, allowing their lips to meet each other once more. Tslosi grasped onto Neteyam's shoulders, craving the two to be closer than they already were. Neteyam ran his hands down Tslosi's back, hooking his arm around to lift her feet above the ground.

Tslosi took the hint, wrapping her legs loosely around his waist as he roughly landed on his knees before resting her back against the grass. Neteyam drifted his lips down from her lips, leaving a wet trail down the girl's neck, eventually reaching her collarbone.

An unknown warm sensation rushed through both of them, the hormonal youth growing addicted to the feeling. (They are aged up to 18!!) Tslosi wrapped her hands around the back of his neck, pulling him back up to reunite their lips. She eagerly sat up just slightly, her chest pressing against his own as he grasped onto her lower back, supporting her posture.

Neteyam carefully flipped the pair, Tslosi smiling down at him as she straddled his waist before leaning down, their lips meeting briefly before parting once more, "I only want this with you."

The boy reached up from where he laid, tucking a braid behind Tslosi's ear, "there is a way to ensure that."

Tslosi sat back slightly, reaching back to grab her queue before staring at it in thought. Mating was a sacred act, one you were meant to gain permission for, as well as enact in a place dear to Eywa. As her thoughts occupied her mind, she failed to notice the woodsprite drifting through the air, until it rested upon her hand.

Neteyam and her shared a shocked look, knowing exactly what it had meant. Eywa had given them her blessings, permitting them to bond their souls.

~

Tslosi and Neteyam laid in a patch of soft grass, admiring the scenery above them. Tslosi's smile refused to leave her lips as Neteyam traced circles on her arm, "Jake is going to be pissed."

"Who says he has to know?" Neteyam piped up, growing anxious at the idea of his parent's disapproval. They were young, just a few moons past 18, but still too young to be mating in the eyes of everyone else.

"You don't think they'll notice?" Tslosi questioned, sitting from where she laid, looking over her shoulder to see him, "I hope they won't."

"We should probably get back, the sun is beginning to set," Neteyam sighed, forcing himself to stand. Tslosi let out a chuckle as she copied his actions, beginning the trek back to the village.

~