Beitang Moran

“I’m really sorry, I’ll come back to get it when I find my wallet

“I’m really sorry, I’ll come back to get it when I find my wallet.” This was so embarrassing. Moren had been taking a walk with his nephews when he saw a stand that was selling perfume bags. He always liked the nice-smelling things and couldn't resist going over to get a bunch for his room and office.

And that's exactly what he did. He picked out the best-smelling ones and was going to pay but he couldn’t find his wallet. He had just had it with him when he went to get drinks for him and his nephews. But no matter, he didn’t have his wallet, so he reluctantly had to put them back. Such a shame.

They smelled really nice and he didn’t get to go out often. He was tempted to take his hood off and unmask himself, him being the emperor would surely have them giving him stuff for free. But he wouldn’t use his title just to get free stuff.

“Are you sure you didn’t leave it at the restaurant?” Shizhui asked. “I'm sure. I checked how much money I had when I was walking out so I couldn’t have left it.” Moren replied, patting his clothes just to make sure he really didn’t have it.

“HA! Uncles going senile now! Haha!” His less helpful nephew, Jingyi said. “I'm only 28,” Moren mumbled under his breath. Jingyi heard it and gave him a ‘duh’ expression. “Exactly, That's old”.

“Stop teasing our uncle and let's go home. We’ve been walking for hours and my feet are starting to hurt” Shizui started rolling his ankle to relieve some of the pain.

“Yeah lets go. We’ll be leaving but you can always come back” Jingyi agreed. “Alright, let's go.” Moren took one last look around making sure he didn’t drop it and just didn’t see it.

” Moren took one last look around making sure he didn’t drop it and just didn’t see it

They continued their walk back to the palace, talking about any and everything. When they got to the palace they were surprised to find a young boy being restrained by some guards, while they were talking to his butler. He got close enough to hear his butler say to take him away and stop creating chaos, but he was curious about what happened so he spoke up

“What's going on here?” He asked. All the guards turned around and immediately got on their knees. The boy just stood there confused, not knowing who he was apparently. Then one of the guards pulled him down and whispered something to the boy. His eyes went comically wide and he looked up to see Moren.

As soon as their eyes met he felt a spark in his heart flowing through the rest of his body. He was mesmerized by the boy, dark brown eyes, plump rosy lips, cute button nose, and slightly chubby cheeks with a sharp jawline. He was pulled from admiring the boy when he saw those delicate features twist into a face of horror.

He felt the urge to go and comfort the boy and made a step to do so, but then he caught himself. He had barely seen the boy a few seconds ago. Why was he trying to comfort him when they weren’t even that close?

While his logic and his feelings were conflicting in Moren's mind, his butler spoke up. “They said he caused trouble to their master, but they were making such a ruckus out here I had to interfere.” the butler said. Moren looked down at the guards. “What did he do?” He asked with a slight tilt of his head.

“He insulted and tripped our master, for this humiliation, he must be punished.”. When the boy heard this he shot up off the ground looking furious. It was amusing to Moren how the boy could go from horror to shock to anger in a matter of seconds.

“Yeah I Insulted him, but you're not telling the full story. That old pig deserved what I said to him because it’s the truth”. The boy looked at Moren. “He was harassing a girl, and not just that, she was underaged, and these cowards just stood there and watched, and I’m sure this isn't the first time this has happened. So if anyone should be punished it should be these fools and that pervert pig for doing such disgusting things!”.

When he finished Xie Yun was red in the face with absolute fury. Xie Yun didn’t know for sure if she was underage, but her face looked like she could have been sixteen at best.

They all stood there shocked for a while. Shizui shook off his shock first and looked at the guards. “Is this true?” he asked. All of the guards stayed silent. They couldn’t lie or else they would get punished, but if they told the truth then they would still be punished, so they just stayed quiet.

“Tch they are all cowards. They know what he did and has done in the past and they still choose to stay silent about it. Such people don’t deserve good lives and should rot in a cell!.” Xie Yun yelled while crossing his arms.

A few more seconds went by and one of the guards stood up. “What this boy said was true. Our  master did harass an underaged girl.” The guard kept his head down as he talked. He heard one of the guards whisper traitor to the guard who had spoken up.

“What's your name?” Moren asked. “Xiao Xingchen, Your Majesty,” Xingchen said while keeping his head down. Moren nodded toward the guard and looked at the rest of them.

“Tell your master to be at the palace tomorrow morning with this guard, and if I see a single scratch on him everyone will be punished. They all bowed and got up to leave. One of them grabbed Xie Yun and was about to take them with them but Jingyi stopped them by grabbing the boy's arm.

“We will take care of him. You just make sure you get that young master of yours to come tomorrow”. The guard hesitated, but there was nothing that could be done so he bowed again and turned around to walk away with the rest of the guards.

Once they were gone they all turned their attention to the boy. Under all the attention he lost all the courage he had and put his head down.

“What is your name?” Shizui asked. “Xie Meimei” He mumbled, still keeping his head down. “Well Xie Meimei you will be staying here for the time being while we decide whether to let you go or not when the man you insulted comes and gives his side of the story. Okay?”. Xie Yun nodded. After the confirmation, they made their way up the stairs where the butler and two guards were. “Check him”

Xie Yun took a few steps back. He couldn't let them check him since he still had a wallet that had way too much money for a young person with no background like himself. He would be caught immediately!

They all looked at him, confused. “What’s the matter? They’re only going to search you.” JIngyi said, moving forward to bring him back to the guards. Xie Yun stepped back again. “I-I don’t like b-being touched” Xie Yun cursed himself for stuttering.

“It’s going to be really quick, it'll be over before you know it. Unless you have something to hide.” Shizui said with a smile on his face. Xie Yun didn’t know if it was a comforting smile or an amused smile at his obvious lie. But nevertheless, he had to make a choice.

He could run But with the amount of power they have he would be caught before the day even ended. So he sighed and reluctantly stepped up to the guards.

They began to pat him down. It wasn't so bad and he had hope that was all they would do and he would be set free. But of course, luck wasn't on his side for this. One of the guards reached inside his clothes where his pocket was, and just as he feared, he pulled out the wallet.