Chapter 20

St. Edwards was built on a precious elitist system.

An invisible system yet everyone knew where they stood within the system.

At the bottom were freshmen and those disliked by the ones above.

Social outcasts and those that had wronged the elites. 

No one wanted to be there.

You're basically allowing yourself to suffer from disgusted looks and taunting from people in the halls.

After that level was the quote on quote 'average people.'

Usually, geeks and people that had super niche interest like the theater kids.

Next, was the largest level, the people that desperately wanted to be at the top - - - an elite.

They did everything in their power to impress the elites and earn their approval.

For example, Alexis Win and her throwing a party to celebrate the life of Kat Ryan.

And at the top of it all were the elites.

A group typically reserved for the wealthiest and most attractive seniors.

However, Kat Ryan, Harry Styles, Otto Sommers, Cato Clark, Blake Gomez, Ari Kim, and Jack Larsen have been part of the elites since their freshman year at St. Edwards. Kat slept with the senior captain of the soccer team, Cato and Otto got to start on the varsity soccer team as freshman, a rarity, and Blake's mom helped one of the senior girl elite members get onto a cover of a fashion magazine. The rest got to trickle in because of their friendship with Cato, Otto, Kat, and Blake. 

Who you know means everything.

It's how you survive at a place like St. Edwards, or how you die, metaphorically speaking of course.

This group of seven, well now six are the sun to the solar system that is St. Edwards Private School.

It's amazing how much spotlight and power they can have considering pretty much everyone that goes there is in the same financial class but I guess their money talks louder than the rest.

Solan Darby was determined to join the elites.

Not because she truly wanted to be like them but so that they could know what it feels like to be played with.

To be broken, hurt, and abused.

She wants them to taste the bitter almost acid like feeling of rejection burning in their mouth, lighting it on fire, like how Kat Ryan felt the night she died.

They all took their turns taking something from Kat.

And now Solan would take something from each of them.

But in order to do that she needed to become one of them.

Just to clarify, again, she didn't want to be them.

She wanted to destroy them.

Solan Darby was not one that typically cares about her looks, but she knew that if she wanted to get the attention of the elites she needed to look like them.

So she spent nearly four hours getting ready for Alexis Win's party tonight.

She needed time to shower, shave, exfoliate, cleanse, tone, moisturize, and pick out the perfect outfit.

A combination of sexy but modest.

It was definitely harder than it looked, she wondered how girls like Blake Gomez and Ari Kim had become pros at it.