007

⌜ LEISURE ⌟

⌜ LEISURE ⌟

"This is not fair!"

    He slammed the pitiful yet durable table once again, losing another game.

    After you'd gifted him the chess set the days after, he surprisingly began to bring it every day albeit coming here a little later than before and parting ways more early. But he seemed entertained by such a game which you can see as good.

    Admittedly you were indeed worried about what he would do with it whether it be for display at home only and collect dust or playing it with you every day, and a satisfying small surprise he chose the former.

    Obviously, your time of tea has mostly been set aside as a sort of accommodation and peacemaking in your mind as the tense game continues on.

"Well, you did better than the other matches."

    You can't deny that.

    After teaching a simple guide by your poor yet best explanation, he had managed to understand quite well where even you had close calls on some matches.

    Well- 'some' feels like an overestimation to think and say...

"Whatever, whatever.... let's play another round!"

    He looked on with determination in his eyes, ready to challenge you once more. Amused by this you couldn't help but grin and nod. Seeing this he immediately sat down and leaned by the edge of the chair, taking it quite seriously.

    Capture the highest authority of the land. The capturer will stand victory and be honored to stand in the scales which is called life, whilst The captured will stand to lose and be banished to the tipping scales of death.

    A tie.... a draw... If it is a draw, it means immortality. There will be no true winner to stand, nor a loser to lose. A thin line to stand between the sides of life and death, forever to live and never to die.

"f-six, checkmate."

    The satisfying sigh as the piece was placed echoed like a melody in your ears. You let go of it hesitantly as Jing Yuan on the opposite side whined and pouted in his defeat which was done so gracefully.

    You chuckled and took a final sip of the tea, fluttering your eyes close as you do so. Bittersweet. What an intoxicating taste for something which gives you ease.

"Ugh... okay okay, no more! I'm done!"

   His voice boomed right at your ears as your eyes opened abruptly feeling shaken by the disturbance, though it was followed after by a chuckle seeing his obliviated state.