two.

༺ Ꮺ ꒱ 🎞 ও

Judith sank deeper into the bathtub in her pale pink bathroom counting the flowered details of the tailed floor, her eyes bloodshot red as she her senses felt heightened and focused on her surroundings.

The soft wave of sunlight peaking through the window as Judith groaned in irritation the days events. Reaping day- perhaps the one day of the year Vanessa hovered over her daughters shoulders.

Judith hated reaping day, because of how overbearing and suffocating Vanessa could be. Questioning her every move, every conversation- it was all part of the game they played. To find an eligible companion for Judith. At a dinner with the President, the conversation of Judith's relationship status had sparked conversation. At her age her mother was already engaged to marry Calix Lexington, star pupil of the academy and heir to the Lexington fortune.

Judith knew her mother did not care for her feelings, she just wanted Judith out of the house. No longer her burden to carry. This was far from her assumption, her mother had said it to her herself.

Vanessa Lexington, a darling in the capitol. The epitome of grace and still, but behind closed doors a cold woman. Her expectations of her daughter suffocating her to the brink of extension.

Judith sometimes wished to be born again, and be whatever her mother wanted her to be. It seemed no matter what she did, nothing would be good enough. Not her friends, her style and certainly not own self. But on reaping day, the city would see nothing but an adoring mother.

And always in public.

The night of the first games, the Lexington's would host the grandest ball with politicians, socialites and the president themselves as guest. a Pool of the most influential and wealthiest families of panem, all in the hopes that Calix remains as head general of the peacekeepers.

With rumor's of unrest in the districts, it was a necessary effort to ensure the portrayal of Calix's firm control over each district.

Her head drifting in the water as she tried to recollect herself after the night she had. It became her routine in fact, wake up, dress for the academy and by night sneak in and out of her bedroom window, venturing into the city.

Turning her body in the bathtub as she looked to the empty bottle of Champaign lying on her nightgown. She felt herself feeling nauseous at the memory of drinking, promising herself every time she would never drink again, until she did.

Laying deeper into the lukewarm water, as though it could somehow cleanse her sins. Another night, with another she would not remember the name of. It seems as though she never could place the names to the faces.

When Judith opened her bedroom door she found her uniform hanging at the front of the racks of clothing she occupied in her bedroom. The bright coloured furs, feathers and silk an eyesore to her blue walls. She clung to the towel around her body as she began to dress.

Sitting in front of her mirror as she combed through her tangled hair. The comb struggling in her shaking hands as her eyes struggled to remain open. The door swinging open to reveal her mother. Vanessa's red curls tied back, dressed in an extravagant suit. Her green blouse embroider with pearls at its collar, with pants tailored to perfection. Standing behind Judith as she took the comb out of her hands. Her mothers grip hard on her scalp as she looked to Judith through the dressers mirror.

"This might be a difficult task, but can you pretend to not be drunk for today. You need to look presentable when you receive the prize." Her mother said "Starbo tells me that Sejanus has been singing your praises to your dedication as a student."