18

"Your body has no scars? Not a single one". Haven noted as she watched Steve get dressed one morning. The last few weeks since their union, she had strived to be the wife that he would want, or at least she hoped. He'd been attentive to her in the bedroom, but that was as far as it went.

For now anyway. Haven was still determined to get to know him.

"Am I supposed to?" He asked, buttoning his shirt but leaving the rest open at the chest. The snake tattoo peeking out ever so slightly.

"When you have been alive for as long as you say you have? The many battles you've fought? I would have expected a few".

He sat himself down opposite her at the breakfast table. "I heal quickly. So that's why. All part of the enhancement of my body".

She smiled and nodded, buttering a slice of toast. "I enjoyed last night..." her eyes flickered up to his. "Making you feel the way you did..."

She'd had her mouth around his cock, licking, sucking, choking on it. She couldn't take him all but had taken enough for him to fuck her mouth until he'd came, exploding down the back of her throat. He'd taught her a lot of things that she would've found too embarrassing to speak about back at home. One intense evening, he'd had her fingers circling her clit while his own pumped furiously in and out of her, making her squirt as he commanded her to look at him while she came.

Everything about him was intense, everything about him was meant to be what she should despise - but instead she had found herself growing fonder of him by the day.

"Perhaps I'll pay you a visit to get on my knees when you least expect it".

He almost choked on his apple as she said this, and then looked at her. "I didn't ever think you'd get down on them willingly for me. You're surprising me every day".

"Good. It's what I aim to do".

They continued to eat until he broke the silence between them once more. "I have to go away on a mission. I leave this afternoon".

"When will you be back?"

"Tomorrow". He saw her face look a little disappointed. "It's one night".

"I guess I am just so used to you being here, and beside me at night. It will feel a little strange to be alone again".

He chuckled. "You can have some peace, don't complain".

Haven laughed at this now and looked over at him. "I never thought I could or would like it here - but I do. I am glad to have asked for your help".

Steve nodded, finishing the last of his food and getting up, rounding the table he leant down and kissed her hair. "I'll see you tomorrow".

"Wait...what if something happens? I know it won't but..."

"You'll know what to do".

"But..."

"Haven. I know that you will know what to do". He looked at her knowingly, and then disappeared off to find Bucky and Sam.

Was this his way of saying that he trusted her? Or at least an inclination that he may have been starting to? Sometimes Haven felt that she could read him so well, but on days like this? Perhaps she couldn't.

**

"Bring me my wife! Now!" Steve ordered loudly to anyone who would hear as he walked through the doors of the great hall.
The court were not in attendance so the room was empty, however now in the gallery above, Haven appeared and looked down, then making her way down the staircase and into the room. "Ah, there you are sweetheart". He said, walking over to her and kissing her hard. "I brought you a gift, you're gonna love it".

She smirked. "I'm intrigued - show me".

Steve slipped his arm around her waist and now turned her around to where Bucky and Sam now pushed a shacked and rather dishevelled Aamon to the floor. "Told you that I would bring him to you"

Aamon looked up at her. "Sister, tell me you didn't..."

Haven stared back down at him. "I did...technically he is King of our kingdom now, and you? You are the treasonous brother who tried to kill the Queen".

"Haven...I never meant..."

"I still sit upon the throne that father gave me. And now my husband sits with me. I have the crown, you don't. I have the family seal, you don't. I still rule over you and everyone else who reside there..."

Aamon looked from her to Steve. "Don't I even get to see who you are?"

"No. You don't have the same privilege as your sister. Besides, she wants her face to be the last that you see". Steve's grip around Haven's waist grew firmer.

"And my brothers? What of them?"

Haven felt or showed no remorse. "They will suffer just as you will. "After all, the three of you conspired. You will be the message to them, that their fates are yet to be sealed. They will die just as you will".

Aamon was now all but begging. "Haven, please...father didn't raise you like this".

"He didn't raise me at all. Never prepared for anything. I have had to make my way on my own, but my husband? He has taught me so much. Everything I needed to in order to start finding my true self..."

"He's brain washed you! You are not cold blooded, you are not a murderer!"

"No, but I have to start somewhere". She looked to Sam and Bucky. "Take him to the dungeons for now. He can suffer at the hands of the torturer slowly until I decide when he's had enough". Her eyes met Aamon's. "It could be days, weeks, months even? Get him out of my sight". She ordered as a now screaming Aamon was dragged away.

Steve sighed, turning to her and resting his forehead against her own. "I was really fucking hoping that you would let me kill him right there". The frustration of being denied bloodshed was real.

She puckered her lips so they slightly brushed against his. "I want him to suffer, to not know when his last day will be. Then you will have your turn".

"You're a damn tease, sweetheart..."

She pulled away and then headed for the staircase, calling back "I know" to him before going back to the book she had been reading. She was now safe in the knowledge that she would probably hear the screams of her brother at the hands of the torturer that night, however it would only make for a peaceful nights sleep indeed.