Chapter 4: working together

"So starscream, what are we supposed to be doing?" Skyfire asked, he looks at starscream with curiosity.

"Nothing, Skyfire." Starscream said as he kept glancing at his friend, he was now questioning whether skyfire was still his friend, "We were...uh...just..doing..." He then took out a small piece of paper and read the scribbled text, "The Decepticon Sky Command Base is going to have a meeting this month, which means me and you, as their loyal members...should go there.."

"Okay, but is it really necessary to fight the autobots and the humans? I mean earth looks very pretty, and I would love to explore with you, after all, we used to be great scientists partners." Skyfire smile, his blue optics look at starscream.

Starscream was taken aback, he didn't expect skyfire to say that. He tried to look away because he was ashamed of his reaction.

"I...uh...well, the reason we're fighting them was for resources and control on the planet, but..."

He couldn't even think of an excuse because he thought skyfire was going to try and convince him to stop working for Megatron.

"well we should get going alright?" Skyfire gently pat his head.

Starscream was...pleasantly surprised by skyfire's actions, he had expected skyfire to start a long rant against Megatron's command

"O...okay, let's go." He said nervously as he began walking.

Later

Skyfire was helping starscream with a project that he didn't know about, since starscream didn't told him exactly what was it. "So what are we working?" He asked.

Starscream looked at skyfire and took a deep breath before answering him.

"Megatron said that it was necessary...because the autobots have too much allies that can't be defeated by a conventional attack...so...he said that this was necessary.."

He sounded like he was struggling to speak, he felt he was betraying skyfire by following Megatron.

Skyfire didn't like one bit of everything but decided not to push the issue no more, he goes quiet and helps starscream.

Starscream give Skyfire some materials to keep working on the project. Skyfire takes the materials, they both weren't talking to each other.

The silence break as Starscream decided to say something to Skyfire.

"So.... How are you feeling right now with us Decepticons?" Said Starscream awkwardly, not wanting to make Skyfire uncomfortable.

"

I am fine. Fine enough. Just fine."

Skyfire said that without moving the head or giving a slight response back, continuing to work on the project.

"Well is really good to have you back after finding you in that ice place..." Starscream said with a slight smile.

"I am...glad to be back as well..."

Skyfire paused from the project, finally looking up to him and returning the smile.

Starscream smugly smirk,"Once we finish with this project we will be able to crush those pathetic autobots and their humans pet!"

"Those humans are quite... interesting, I could say." He then looked back to the project, returning his focus to the project at hand.

"Interesting? What are you talking about!? There is nothing interesting in those stupid meat bags!" Starscream said completely surprised and annoyed that Skyfire find humans very interesting.

"There are quite a few things I can point out, if you would listen..." Skyfire replied, making sure to keep his voice in an unemotional state just for his own amusement.

"I'm not so listening to you, now let's get this work over so we can show megatron, that we have worked together very well!" Starscream smile as he is happy to have his friend back after years.

"Indeed." Skyfire kept his stoic face as he continued to work. Soon enough the project is completed.

"Finally done!" Starscream smirked.

"It is... completed..." Skyfire said it with satisfaction with the finished result, looking over it for a few moments with his eyes, looking at Starscream afterwards.

"Now time to show it to Lord Megatron!" Starscream takes the project as he walked out of the lab.

Skyfire followed him, curious and interested to see the face of Megatron after seeing the completed project.

Megatron sees them, "Starscream, skyfire... What is it that you two need to show me?"

Skyfire looked at Megatron and spoke in a professional tone. My lord..." He then presented the project with an almost proud look. "We have completed it, my lord."

Megatron grin, "Perfect, you are doing an amazing job. With this, we will destroy the autobots." He laughed with cruelty.

Skyfire smiled a bit, glad to have impressed his lord and leader with his project. "Thank you my lord for your kind words...I am glad to know my project will help us in our war against the Autobots."

Later

Starscream was attacking the autobots, Skyfire is feeling bad, he doesn't want to hurt others, he is a scientist not a killer.

Starscream smirks, "Isn't this great, the autobots are so foolish!" Starscream laughs at the autobots being hurt.

Skyfire can't help but feel sad about the Autobots being hurt, but he still wants to continue helping the Decepticons, because he believes in Megatron's cause. His feelings are mixed, as he can't help but feel bad for the Autobots and the humans.