ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴘʀᴇᴍɪᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ

"What do I have after this, Louisa?" I ask my manager who's contacting several people. Early this morning, I had two interviews about the upcoming single I'm releasing soon.

"Nope, it's just this premiere, and then you'll be free," Louisa says, turning her phone off. "Why, thinking of sneaking away with someone tonight?"

I fiddle with on of my sleeves. "No, of course not."

"I know you really like him, Amaris," she says, placing her hand over mine. "But you have to know the risks."

I lift my gaze, my eyes immediately spotting him coming in the theater and shaking hands with his directors. A grin dance son his face, and he sits down next to his co-stars. We both decided to make this as private as possible, but it's just so hard. So close, yet so far.

"Soft launch?" I suggest, almost joking.

Louisa sympathetically gives me a smile. "Here, I'll contact his manager and ask if this premier is last on his schedule for today. Then I'll schedule a private dinner for you two."

"In public?" I ask, surprised.

"No, no," she waves her hand. "I'll rent a small private room at the Celestial for you two to have dinner together."

I nod slowly, squeezing her hand. "Thank you, Louisa."

My gaze averts back on him. As if guided by a sixth sense, he looks over his shoulder and starts looking for me. Once his eyes connect with mine, his face lights up. My lips curl into a smile, and he reverts back to his position, and I notice a small white light illuminates his face.

I nudge Louisa. "May I have my phone?"

She playfully rolls her eyes and fishes out my phone from her purse. "You two are like high school sweethearts, I swear."

I laugh softly and go to my messages.

Ez: Have I already told you how magnificent you look?

A: Only once. And you used a different word.

Ez: Well, it's true.

A: You don't look too bad yourself, King.

Ez: I miss you.

A: I miss you.

A: Don't worry. Louisa's making a way for us to see each other tonight.

Ez: I won't miss it. I promise.

I pace back and forth in the room Louisa rented. I'm wearing the most comfortable and casual outfit I've ever worn. A white knitted sweater and black leggings. My hair's no longer styled and my face isn't caked with makeup anymore. It's just me. Amaris. Not the "Nation's Darling Popstar". It's just me. A 19-year-old preparing for a date with a boy she's fallen in love with.

The doorknob jiggles, and I pause in my tracks, watching the door open. He pops his head out and then enters, closing the door behind me. He's just like me. Abandoning the titles, the honors, the awards just for tonight. Five hours ago, we were the talk of the town. Eziah Kingston—Hollywood's beloved heir, everyone's teenage crush, and allegedly the heartbreak prince.

Right now, he's just Eziah. My Ez. My prince.

"What, are you impersonating Rory Gilmore now?" he teases as he ambles toward me.

I roll my eyes at him. "Oh, come on."

"I mean, just earlier you were cosplaying Loki—"

I slap his arm. "HEY!"

He lets out a laugh, his arms snaking around waist as he engulfs me in a hug. He buries his face on my shoulder, and I wrap my around his neck. My hands slowly stroke his shoulders up and down, and he lets out a relieved sigh.

"I miss you, love," he says, his voice muffled.

"I know," I plant a kiss on his jaw. "I miss you two."

He lets go and pulls me over to the couch. He sits down and gently tugs on my sweater, making me fall on him. I lean against his shoulder and his hand rubs mine. We lay like this for at least a few minutes, finding comfort in being this close to each other.

"So, how'd you think of the movie?" he breaks the silence.

I smile. "You delivered as always. Living up to the name."

He plants a kiss on my hair. "I stayed for the credits to listen to your song. I really love your voice, Ris. If the sunshine could sing, it would sound just like you."

His arm wraps around my shoulders, and I hug his arm. "I wrote a song about you, you know."

"Oh?" he strokes his thumb on my jaw. "Do plan on releasing it?"

"Probably not," I mutter sadly. "It's too . . . obvious. I've already been asked if we're together."

I feel his chest vibrate as he laughs. "What did you say?"

"I told her I was unsure where she got that information from," I sheepishly answer. I sit up, but his arm still drapes around my neck as I lay my head on his shoulder. "Do you still want this? Keeping this a secret from the world?"

His free hand makes his way to mine. "I find comfort in knowing that it's just you and me. No one's watching. No meddlesome news reporters. No cameras capturing every moment that belongs to just us. Don't you like it like this?"

"I do," I intertwine my fingers with his. "I just wanted to see if you still want it this way."

"I'll never take another step if it isn't okay with you, love," he looks at me, his dark eyes holding sincerity before both of his hands cup my jaw.

He leans forward and kisses me right there. The second our lips touch, I already lose myself. I relax under his touch and kiss him back, my hands snaking around his shoulders and his neck. He holds my waist and pull me on top of him. I kiss him once, twice, and I feel his fingers slip underneath my sweater.

"Ez," I whisper against his lips.

"Ris," he growls under his breath.

I break the kiss, a grin on my face. "We should probably eat first."

He reaches forward and kisses me again. "Later."

I pull away again, chuckling. "Aren't you hungry?"

He slyly smirks. "For you, yes."

"Eziah!" I slap his arm, my face flushed. "No, like actually. Louisa had caterers prepare our food. We can't just not eat it."

"Caterers?" he asks. Aha, that caught his full attention.

"Yes, caterers," I roll my eyes. "From Jess Monarch's franchise."

His eyes widen. "No way!"

I arch a brow. "Oh, so now you're hungry."

He pecks my lips once and quickly get up. "Sorry, love, but Jess Monarch's food never misses."

I shake my head at him, trying to suppress a laugh as he heads straight for the kitchen. I love this boy. I love him so, so much.