Ch.2

Curtus and Bernard stood anxiously waiting for Santa and his niece to arrive. Curtis started to pick at his nails, as Bernards eyes never left the stable entrance. His hands behind his back fiddling with his sweater sleeve. "What if this backfire?" Curtis asks abruptly, "then we will help Santa fix it. Like we always do." An awkward silence settled between them again until Curtis points out that they are in view. The reindeer land expertly, and they go to help them to the ground. Curtis reaches his hands out to Scott, while Bernard holds his hands out to Y/n. She takes his hand but slips as she tries to get her foot out of the saddle. Making her fall into Bernard, landing safely in the snow. "Sorry, you, ok?" She grumbles, Bernard looks at her wide eyed. 

His heart started to beat fast, and his breath started to sinch. "Dude, you, ok?" She asks narrowing her eyes. Her uncle comes over and helps her up as Curtis helps Bernard up. "You guys ok, I should have told you that saddle tends to hook your boots." He chuckles dusting off his niece, glancing at Bernard. "Bernard, you, ok?" He asked, who finally breaks from his trance. "What, yes, yes I am good. Great, thank you Santa." Scott and Curtis give him and each other a weird, confused look. "Ok, uh, guys this is my niece Y/n. Y/n this is Bernard the head elf and Curtis our second." Curtis immediately shakes her hand and Bernard shakes her other hand with a small smile. 

"Good to meet you." She mumbles looking around the village. "So, this is the North Pole huh?" 
"Oh, this is just the stable, the shop is much more impressive. Not to mention the village, it's breath taking." 

"Well, I would love to see which ever is warmer." She mumbles, and the three guide her inside. They show her every piece of the workshop the elves saying a 'hi' every time they pass. "And this is the letters room Where you'll work. You'll read what the kids want and mark it down. Sort them however you see fit." Bernard instructs proudly, he keeps his head high through throughout the tour. He has this confidence with the other elves. With his work that Y/n admired. "Sounds fun," She grumbles and Bernard smiles not picking up on her sarcasm. 

"Since we heard your coming, we thought you would appreciate your own place to stay. So, Curtis and I took the liberty of making you a place to stay." Scott gains a hopeful glint in his eye, "wow, Bernard you heard she was coming this yesterday morning?" He says as they make their way down to village. Next to the village cafe, is a small little cabin room for one maybe two if you don't mind small spaces. "Wow, you guys built this in a day?" They nod proudly, as they watch her look at the cabin in awe. "You guys are incredible." 

"Nah, we used a basic gingerbread house layout is all." Curtis beams, "Nice job Guys, this is great. The paint Manship is spectacular." Scott praises, as he goes inside, Curtis not far behind him. Y/n stayed behind still looking at her precious cabin. "You going in?" Bernard asked, "Just admiring." She mumbled, he put his hand on the small of her back, making her stomach flutter. "I promise it's not going away." They head inside together, "running water, electricity, the fireplace should warm the whole place for a cabin this size." He informs, she looks around in awe. Bernard can't help but wonder what she did to end up on the naughty list. She seems nice enough. Sarcastic sure, but she seems sweet. Maybe she just needs a friend, he thinks hopefully. Showing her around.