Chapter 5: first day of school

Sometimes Shoto wished his brother would let him run away with him. Today was one of those days. He didn't have a problem with UA. It was the best hero school in all of Japan. No Shoto hated that it was a constant reminder of how his dad was winning. His father was succeeding in creating the perfect pawn and no matter how hard he would fight and no matter how many times he would betray the hero's his father was still winning. He sighed and looked up at the huge building still debating on weather or not he should go through with it.

He took a breath and walked into the school reminding himself he's doing this for his brother. His job was simply to go to school and see what everyone's quirks and personalities were. Anything that can help take them down once they become pros. He was also to look out for anyone who might be willing to switch sides. Two traders were better than one. The school was huge but he thankfully didn't get lost and was able to find his classroom quickly. He walked in and noticed he was the first person in the room.

Glad to be alone he walked to a seat in the back of the room and sat down. Being the first one in gave him time to relax without the worry of anyone bothering him. The quiet didn't last long as students started to slowly come in and find their seats. Some students found a seat and didn't pay him any mind. Others said hi or tried starting conversations with him. He ignored most of them he wasn't here to be friends with them he was here to get information. So he watched, some of the students had mutation quirks so it was easy to tell what it was. Others it was harder to tell since there was no obvious mutation. He would have to pay attention to the others quirk during hero training.

Shoto wasn't one for social interaction he hated being around people. Hated might be a strong word but it's the right word. All anyone does is talk about his father. No one asks Shoto about his interests or his dreams. So it's no surprise to Shoto that his hero class is his least favorite class. They were all put into groups of two then paired with another group. One group would be the villians and the other group got to be the heros. The goal was for the heros to catch the villians or touch some "bomb" and the villains were supposed to hold the heros off before the time went off. Shoto got teamed up with some kid with weired elbows. He learned that the kid had a tape quirk and his elbows were weired because he shot tape out from them. The kid tried talking to him and was nice but Shoto didn't know what to do. He had never been in this situation before.

He had been homeschooled his whole life and only saw kids his age at hero events or parties but he never actually talked to them. This kid didn't stop either. He just kept talking and talking. Shoto wasn't sure when he should cut him off or reply to his comments. Thankfully the awkward one sided conversation didn't last long since they needed a plan. The best way for them to win would be for Shoto to use his ice and freeze the whole building including anyone standing in there. That way all they have to do is walk in and touch the ungraded weapon.

"Sooo how do we want to do this?" His teammate(he really needs to learn his name) asked, facing the building. Shoto walked up to him and placed his hand on his teammate's shoulder.

"Stand back, I will take it from here" Shoto told him and walked up to the building.

He hoped his comments didn't come off as too rude or cold but he didn't want to accidentally freeze his teammate. He was trying to make a good impression and freezing your teammate would not achieve that.

Shoto walked up to the building and took a deep breath. Ice covered the ground around his right foot creeping into the building. Within a few seconds the entire building was frozen and along with anyone who stood inside the building.

"Woah dude that was so cool!" Shoto looked over to see his partner looking at the frozen building with wide and excited eyes.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side!" He said walking into the building to go get the "bomb" Shoto followed just in case he needed backup.