Chapter Seventeen

Once their past selves had gone back up to the castle, Harry and Hollyn went back behind the pumpkins

"Okay, go. Let's go, Harry!" Hollyn started pushing him.

Hollyn started towards Buckbeak. She stopped, attempting to kick off the birds that got in her way.

"Off. Get off." She whispered, trying her best not be quiet.

Buckbeak looked up when he saw Hollyn approaching. Hollyn bowed her head and waited for the hippogriff to do the same.

Hollyn was quick to grab for the chain. She ignored the crow that looked down at her.

"C'mon." Hollyn tugged on the chain.

The door began to open and she froze. What would she do if he walked out. Dumbledore was able to distract the minister and get him back inside.

"Okay, Buckbeak? Come on, quickly." Hollyn pulled on the chain.

"Keep trying." Harry said as Hollyn leaned back with her full weight.

"I'm trying." Hollyn snapped. She looked around in frustration. "Buckbeak." She pulled on the chain again. "That." Hollyn pointed to the string of dead animals that Hagrid used to feed Buckbeak.

"Come on. Come on, Buckbeak. Come and get the. ice dead ferret." Harry waved the animal in front of the hippogriff.

He tossed it up at Buckbeak and he finally began to move.

"Come on. It's here. Come on, Beaky."

Hollyn grabbed his arm and stopped him. The minister was right there. Dumbledore pointed in the opposite direction, but if Fudge turned just a hair, he would see their great escape.

Harry tossed another ferret to Buckbeak.

While Dumbledore distracted them, they continued to move the hippogriff. Once they were in the woods, they hid in the trees.

They led Buckbeak on with the ferrets until they thought they were far enough away.

"Now what?" Harry dropped the ferrets.

"We save Sirius." Hollyn shrugged. She dropped the chain and started back towards the castle.

"How?" Barry followed after her.

"No idea." Hollyn admitted.

They got to the edge of the trees and found themselves outside the womping willow.

"Look, it's Lupin." Hollyn pointed.

"Immobulus!" He waved his wand towards the tree. Of course, Hollyn scolded herself for not thinking of that.

"And there goes Snape." They both watched the two professors walk into the small hole under the tree.

"And now we wait." Harry said. They sat on the ground and watched the Womping Willow for hours.