Chapter One

The day of the Reaping. 

When you lived in the Capitol it was nothing more than a reminder of what the districts had done to us. 

I must admit that I had never really paid too much attention to the Games before now. It had become a yearly tradition and if I looked too much into them it meant I would start to feel sympathy and I couldn't afford that.

Not if everything I had rested on passing this year at school.

Even though for the most part I kept to myself, it was better that way, if most people had their way they would kill each other for the chance at any kind of power.

The only two that I really spoke to were Coriolanus and Sejanus. 

They were the most tolerable. 

I glanced in the mirror as I pulled on my shirt which I left tucked into the just above knee length skirt and fastened my jacket over the top of it. I ran my fingers through my now shoulder length brown hair and made a mental note to cut it as soon as I returned.

---------------------

(I've seen The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes twice now already and wanted to write a fanfiction, admittedly I've never sat down and properly tried to write one set in the universe so this will be a learning experience for me)

(It's short but I wanted an introduction to this character)