5.Tables and Chairs

5

Gabriel raised a glass that was filled with gleaming red liquid and announced in his raspy, old voice. "Let us celebrate this ceremony with at most happiness. Enjoy"

The food was brought and I took my time to devour the sight of the dishes in front of me. I never knew dishes like this existed. The whole meal would cost myself whole. I was served with the most delicious looking varities by a maid and I thanked her and smiled. She was about my age and she looked legitimately shook when I said thank you as if she was a deer in front of head lights. Does no one shows gratitude in here?

I looked at Gabriel. The old man was enjoying the sight in front of him. That lady. The beautiful woman who caught my eye before sat in her seat with pride shining in her eyes as she looked at Stephan and gave him a subtle nod and a smile. All the while Gabriel watched her with adoration.

"My mother." Stephan whispered in my ears. I was visibly shaken and my body shivered. "O-oh" I stammered. "She's pretty beautiful" I looked at him and commented. He didn't say anything and chomped on his food looking directly ahead at the blank wall.

Shit head.

My eyes travelled to another face.The Hyena guy. What's his name? Mark? Yeah. He had his face contorted into something more uglier than it already was. Genuine jealousy and surprise etched down his features, pulling his face into a dissatisfied frown. I smirked seeing him so pissed off. He wanted the mafia.

The mafia.

Oh. That means I'm engaged to a Mafia boss who's a CEO? Eh?

Mafia and CEO? Two in one? What am I even thinking?

Keep yourself sane, darling. My inner voice whispered.

For once again, I looked around the table busting with activity. I stopped my search as my eyes met with elegant green ones. A teenager. He was staring at me in amusement. Did I do something interesting? God knows. He gave me a toothy smile and waved his hand. I returned the gesture with a smile of my own.

"Eat." Stephan commanded. I glared at him. What's wrong with this guy? What did I even do to deserve this?

I ate with hand. Who would eat rice and curry with spoon? Not my Indian blood. I was half Indian. Mother's side. And my father hated her for her Indian culture. Bloody Indian. He would call my mother.

If you're a white doesn't mean that you're inferior than anyone else.

My mother will say to me as she was too afraid to tell it to my father's face.

I started eating with thoughts jumping across from bridge to bridge connecting my past and future and present.

I quickly finished eating and washed my hand from the wash basin a few steps far.

As I sat down in my seat, the cold numbness of the atmosphere almost lulled me to sleep and I was lost in my own thoughts.

(Time skip)

The table was quite. I could say from the look of people's face that they were waiting anticipatedly for something to happen.
Stephan stood up beside me and started walking towards the head of the table. Gabriel and the lady, whom I found to be named as Nathalie, stood up from their seats. Nathalie walked towards me and urged me to stand up and go stand near Stephan. I nodded and made my way.

Stephan started speaking as I stood beside him. "It's been a great honour to me to achieve this accomplishment."

"According to the mafia rule, you could only inherit the mafia if you find your match and marry them. And now here I am. With my match."

"She's a lovely woman-" his voice drained off in my head becoming incoherent mumbling as I stared at him uttering words complimenting me and abilities.

The wheels were turning now.

He kidnapped me unwillingly but then found out I could be used and planned everything so that he could get benefit.

Control. It's fine. Revenge will come to you.

Gabriel, Nathalie, Stephan and I stood in a semi-circle. Nathalie removed a snake like ring from her finger and gave it to Gabriel.
"You have found your match, dear." She said to Stephan and looked at me and spoke. "You have something to inherit too" she smiled sadly and gave the look to Gabriel.

"Here you go my son. Put this on her finger" he said. Stephan nodded, expressionless as he recieved the ring and slowly took my hand, entwining his fingers and giving my palm a reassuring squeeze. Just an act to say he cares for me. My fingers were trembling and my throat dried.

He slipped the black ring with a scarlet diamond for the eyes of the snake on to my ring finger of my left hand after removing the one he already gave me hours ago.

"You're a Luca. Officially." Gabriel said after looking at me. As if I was his daughter. I fought back the tears that was trying to pry out my eyes. I'm done for. I'm sealed with his family.

I wanna go home.

To a nonexistent one? My inner voice was a pain in the ass.

A plate came flying towards Stephan and I front kicked it away before it touched his face. The porcelain material shattered into pieces and fell down towards the floor.

Something tore. Isn't it?

I looked down to the source of the earlier noise.

MY DRESS.

The beautiful gown's slit was torn up to my waist line. Thank the shorts I wore. Nothing is exposed.

Damn my reflexes. I could have let him die. I thought now. Only now.

Mark was standing up. His fist put up in a defensive way. Won't this guy never learn?
I took a fork lying near to me and threw it. Purposefully missing the aim and hitting the wall beside his face. He fell back from fear. A smirk creeped up on to my face as I took in his disheveled form. Everyone kept eating as if nothing happened. Guess it's normal here. Even the kids didn't have any interest on the fight. As if it was mundane.

Gabriel took something out from his pocket and aimed it at the Hyena guy.

Is that a gun? Looks like one, probably.

"Dont you dare, Mark. Or I'll kill you here and now." Gabriel's voice was dark as he spat out towards the ugly Hyena.

Stephan grabbed my wrist and made out his was towards the door and walked towards a hallway. He stopped infront of a locked door. Opening it with his fingerprint he threw me into the empty space before locking it again.

The fuck.

Where am I?