Prologue

At times, we humans are blessed with the arrival of an angel in your life.

That angel, perhaps, can be in any form and shape. An angel that flashes the biggest smile at us and wiggles its tail whenever we are in its sight. An angel that sings you a song through the mere glass screen of a device to engulf you in their honey-like voice. An angel that lands over your shoulder or relax in your hands after the never-ending hours of exploring the sky.

But sometimes, if lucky enough, your angel will be by your side all the time when you desire a hug, a few words to warm your heart when you feel all your hopes and dreams crashing and ending because of one single situation.

Maybe luck poured over me when I met her.

It was no lie that after she walked into my life, my will to fight through my struggles stepped in as well. She reached her hand out for me to hold and walk through the endearing valley of endless love and infinite support. She made my lips reach up into a smile through the sadness when the tears flowed in.

Maybe she was all that I took a shine on.

How her chocolate brown eyes meeting mine never fail to erupt volcanoes in my body. How her sweet-as-sugar words always make the little butterflies in my stomach dance along to the melody of my heartbeat. How her smile makes me smile. How her tears take me to my own tears.

Oh, was I doomed.

Maybe she was all I desired.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]