01

The laughter all over the walls darken as the dark-as-a starless night figure creeps his feet without any trace of sound coming except to my ears.

The shadows printed themselves bigger than any word on any page. Their presence marked the growing mountain of anxiety in me, as my leg started to bounce up and down due to his strangling smile starting to make way on the dark walls. My heart runs around in my ribcage while the umbra only grows into monstrous height.

The thumps of his footsteps echo, each of it knotting my body down to my chair as I turn my head to catch a sight of just anyone reaching their hand out to save me from his epitome.

But there was none.

My arms kept themselves latched on the armrests, as if they laid oblivious to all my courageous attempts on setting myself free from the burden that continued to fall over my shoulders each growing second. My legs gave up all the strength stored that held my body fading into him as they sunk deeper into the floor like the sun dwelling into the ocean as it went down.

My soul starts to melt away into his own drooping one. As if the splintery knife of his black hole slices my body in between, the river of pain starts to flow through my veins sliced into nothingness because of his claws starting to make way to my throat. He engulfed it into his fingers, all the air leaving my lungs into his void that sucked me in.

“Ayedin.”

My body jolts as if lightning just struck over my head at the call of my name, but even after my mind registering, my body denied.

“Get up!” The voice rang through my ears again before everything was as dark as the eerie, silent nights.

“You okay?” Riven questions, his hand sliding to the back of my head as I sit straight. My eyes explore my surroundings, the soft light peeking through the dreamy curtains.

I nod, as a low groan escapes my mouth. My whole body still feels as if it was held down by knots, unable to move. The moments I experienced play themselves once again in my mind, as my lungs closed out with the flower of anxiety blooming once again.

“Another one of those fuckers?”

“Yeah.”

His chuckle travels around the silent room as I raise my head up to face him. His eyes held a gist of warmness like the soft sunshine after it poured for days. The small smile displayed a silent pity, or sympathy, that I did not know, but the solace present in his smile was like a pat on the head.

“It’s okay, Din. I am here for you, you know?”

My own lips now twitch up by the corners into a light smile. His gentle tone resembled the beauty of a dove that lived while being adored by many. I let my head face down, the light smile never leaving me.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

HEYYYY POOKIES

im like so sorry for the constand delay gyys pls forgive me 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻‼️