Trust And Help Goes A Long Way

Requested by: 

After just completely cutting school out of their lives William had turned to helping out the police with more supernatural cases. One villain in particular had the power to destroy spirits on different levels. And at this point? He wants Mallard Conway dead. But after a break out he was one of the villains that were able to escape and start being evil once again. This has really pissed Wil off and he's been spending day and night trying to track this guy down to find out his powers and to see if he can harness or use them himself. 

However, in the same building stands an elven boy named Vyncent who just wants to game with his friend. Looking into William's bedroom he see's a light that definitely hurts Williams eyes shining over a case and what seems like hundreds of notes screwed up or otherwise highlighted to the point where Vyncent's eyes hurt glancing at them for a second. The notes were everywhere and books on the subject were even on the other side of the room on his bed. At least he used it for something. Lightly he knocked on the door and William jumped half falling through his chair. Noticing it was just Vyncent he sighed and stepped out of the chair. 

"Hey Vync hi hello what do you want?" William rubbed his eyes standing at the door. Vyncent frowned slightly at the rudeness but excused it as him being tired. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to game with me-." Before William could cut him off again he raised his hand. "But! I see that you're tired and probably going to bed soon so i'll let you sleep." Vyncent smiled. William stared and chuckled. 

"Yeah...sleep...right." William looked at his work then back to Vyncent. "Yeah thanks for the offer but yeah... very busy so... maybe next time?" William offered an apologetic smile which Vyncent accepted and left for his own room. Sighing, Vyncent sat down and stared at the level he's been stuck on for hours which he knew William could probably figure out in seconds. Going outside again he knocked on Dakota's door and walked in to see him asleep. Vyncent sighed knowing that nothing but morning beef stroganoff would wake that boy up now. At least he knew he could rage at the game and not wake anyone up. But William was also going to bed... but Vyncent doesn't know if he can believe him. He'd like to think he can but if William gets really into something then it's hard for him to put down. Vyncent took the benefit of the doubt and decided to turn his game off for the night and went to sleep. However, across the house. William stayed awake until morning. 

Tide woke the boys up with the smell of beef stroganoff but only two got to the kitchen. Vyncent frowned only seeing Dakota and walked to William's room. It was like no hours had passed. He was staring at the same pile of words and unsolved mysteries. Vyncent loudly knocked on the door and William turned around. 

"Wha?.. Vync i told you i can't play right now." William glared at him. 

"It's morning." Vyncent crossed his arms. William blinked then opened his curtains to immediately hiss and close them again. 

"Oh shit... sorry Vync i didn't even notice." William stood up and walked towards him. 

"It's fine. Come on Tide made breakfast." Vyncent noticed William slightly stumble over to the kitchen and sit on one of the chairs only to fall through the floor. Dakota laughed and Vyncent sat next to the now empty chair. He had a slight smile but couldn't help but feel concerned for his shorter companion. Slowly, William walked back over cautiously and Vyncent kicked the chair out for him. Tide with a wide grin put everyone's food out in front of them. 

"So did you all sleep well?" Tide asked in a voice way too loud to be used in the morning. 

"Yeah slept great. How about you Wil?" Vyncent asked looking at him. He would feel bad about throwing him under the bus if he didn't know William wasn't going to change about his investigation habits. Under the table William kicked his leg and Vyncent kicked back. That caused an undercover game of footies which was causing William to smile and attempt to dodge. Vyncent smiled back attempting to wrap his legs around William to stop which William gasped at. A cough made the boys turn to see Dakota and Tides confused faces as the two quickly sat up as if nothing happened.