Chapter 3: maroon.

The house they had pulled up to was nothing short of pure British beauty: lavender surrounding a marble statue of a woman, which was placed so strategically that it looked like she was admiring the yellow bricks and large windows of the actual manor; hedges pruned to perfection saluting the duo as they got out of the car; fountains created rainbows with the mist that flew off of the main streams of water; grey slates protected the roof without any of them missing; at least seven chimney-pots decorated the skyline; and there were carving upon carvings across the whole building- cherubs, and vines, and flowers, and crucifixes, and ribbons, and cups and flowers of all kinds.

Seokjin was in awe to think that this was the house they'd be staying in. He was in awe to think the Jimin could afford this. Maybe Seokjin should become a ballerina, too. He had the face for it.

"NAMJOONIE-HYUNG! SEOKJINNIE-HYUNG! AHHHHH!" A high-pitched squeal came barrelling towards the duo, and their noses were suddenly filled with the smell of peaches and their hands grew heavy with the weight of a ballerina clutching them tightly in an embrace warm enough to rival that of any soldier returning home to his wife.

"I've missed you two so so so much," Jimin shrieked as he looked up at them with starry eyes.

"We've missed you, too." Seokjin smiled down at the boy, who was dressed in an elegant pink blouse and flowing blonde hair, courtesy of his latest show in Las Vegas. His heart was fizzing so much it felt like someone had set of fireworks in there and was sitting back to watch them from his stomach, his head was spinning like a lazy Susan and his cheeks were burning brightly with a warm flame that he knew wouldn't be able to be quenched any time soon.

"Come in, come in, the others are all here- you're late, by the way, and hardly chrome-plated," Jimin threw them a teasing glare, "Hoseokie-hyung has been practically flying because he's been so excited, and Jungkookie smashed a cup when he saw you coming in (that's your fault). Yoongi-hyung has been pretending to be indifferent but he's smiled like three times today which must be some record for him," Jimin ranted on as they walked up to the front door, and Seokjin gave Namjoon a small, knowing grin.

"Oh, the others arrived too. You'll recognise them," Namjoon raised his eyebrows, "Hopefully. Now get in there and get home."

Jimin shoved the two boys into the door, making both of them fall over and straight into Kim Taehyung.

"Namjoon-hyung! Seokjin-hyung! You're here!" He tugged both of them into a hug, burying his head in their necks and grinning so hard Seokjin could feel it against his shoulder.

"Were you listening into our conversation, Tae?" Namjoon asked, looking down at the curled head of hair next to his chin.

"Why would you think that?" Taehyung looked up at him with a shy grin and lips pressed together. They were then, without having time to drop their coats onto the rack or take their shoes off, whisked into what seemed to be the living room in Jimin's estate- or one of them- as Taehyung grumbled about being better than 'other people' (lips fully pushed out in a rather overdramatic pout) and Seokjin laughed hysterically at the idea, losing his balance yet again and falling onto Taehyung with tears in his eyes and bright red cheeks as his head spun like a merry-go-round.

Outside, it had started to pour, but the sound of rain lashing against the window was instantaneously drowned out by the squeals of some of Namjoon's favourite people as they swept the two up into bone-crushing, head-spinning, smile-stretching squeeze, which slowly grew in size as Taehyung and Jimin joined them, whilst Yoongi- from what Namjoon could see over Jungkook's static hair- stood and watched next to an elegant lady with blonde hair in a satin pink dress (which seemed as if it had hopped straight out of that spring's vogue). Eventually, the reluctant boy was tugged into the huddle, despite his persistent complaints, and Namjoon's puzzle was finally completed again.