- S O R E N -

I can't wait to tell (Y/n) about Archimage Akiyu. She would've loved that crazy old lady.

It's been like, a week.... since we left her, Corvus and General Amaya at the library. Safe to say it has been a rough week.

We arrive at the dodgy looking place called Scoomput? I think. Rayla was saying something about it. I wasn't paying attention. That elf always saying something now - which is sorta disturbing as she's normally quite a relaxed keep to herself kind of elf.

It's definitely (Y/n) on her mind.

"We have to blend in," Rayla says as we hop out of the dodgiest of dodgy row boats.

"Perfect," I've done this before. "I will be Smort Longpocket, a very rich and handsome trader from the North." Developing an alter ego always helps with taking your mind off of other things.

"Okay let's just not do that," Rayla looks at me. "We are only here to find a boat..." her words trail off and I can finish them myself. And (Y/n).
But fate is rarely that kind.

"What about that one?" King Ezran points to the largest looking sail ship in the docks.

"Oh no no," the elf scorns. "That one is off limits."

"Why?" I ask. It looks like the nicest one.

"That one belongs to Finnegrin," she explains, motioning to where he lives. "He's kind of the unofficial boss of this place, but he's not known for doing favours out of the goodness of his heart."

"It's not a favour!" My king exclaims. "The fate the of world is at stake." I stare at the tall building. It's not built very well, looks like it should have already collapsed. "I'm going to go talk to him," Ezran decides.

"I could go with you?" I suggest to him but Callum speaks up.

"No... I'll go with Ezran," he says. "Soren you check around the docks. Same with Rayla." We all nod in agreement to the little plan. "Keep your eye out for faces we know," he adds with a forced smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Callum said to look out for faces we know, I was truly hoping I'd bump into (Y/n).

Therefore when that green eyed, black haired man calls my name, I'm kinda confused.

"River?" He seems excited to see me, but I cannot hide my reaction to his presence. The guy is in the Crownguard. He defied my father - which I respect. But I mainly remember him from when we were called for being traitors and he was the guy holding (Y/n).

"I can't believe you're actually here," he pants.

"Yeah," I reply bluntly. "Doing important stuff..." he looks so happy. "Why are you here?"

River ignores my crude tone. "I'm with (Y/n)," he says and I freeze.

Hold on.

Why is she here with River?

"Where is she?" I demand then add, "you didn't answer my question about what are you doing here?"

"Sorry," he apologies, seeming very distracted. "I was meant to meet her a couple hours back for at sunset but got into some business with my hotelier, I was going to just go meet her tomorrow for sunrise instead but now you're here and this is really good." Gosh now the man is just ranting. He pauses, taking in the look I'm giving him. "Soren, (Y/n) is okay," he clarifies. "Plus, the time we were together she talked about how much she loves you and needed to find you."

Even I feel my face soften, jealously cooling. "Oh,"I mumble. He seems to calm a bit, and now our conversation is off topic to the seriousness at hand, but he looks like he need to say something.

"Please put a ring on her finger, man," River voices and I'm taking aback by the honesty. He's always been a straightforward guy.

But I dont feel mad, instead I chuckle. "There's nothing I want to do more."

River smiles, but both our happy moods disappear when we hear commotion from the nearby crowd.

This wood man creature thing has bright orange eyes that stare into the depths of my soul. At first I think he's on a mission somewhere, but he halts next to River. He pays no attention to me, not even giving me a sideways glance. Rude. "I need to borrow your friend," he mutters into thin air and starts dragging River away.

Before I draw my sword, River gives me a confident thumbs up to say I know this guy.

Then as quickly as he came, River disappears back into the crowd.

But my takeaway is how (Y/n) is here.

                                         ~~~