Chapter 6: The Golf Club & The Rain

Theo's POV
"Another day, another sports car." He made his comment as I picked the key to the Maserati.

Leen branded the McLaren. She stole the Ferrari. I wonder what will happen the Maserati.

"I'm just here to pick a car."

I was serious when I left him the chateau. I just can't deal with his drama. I'm staying at a hotel and as soon as my business in Marseilles is concluded, I'm leaving. I have taken a liking to Switzerland. I think I'll permanently relocate. I want a new start, something different from the haunting emptiness of this house that once echoes with laughter and love.

"It must be good to have a garage full of sports cars. You are the epitome of being born with a silver spoon in your mouth."

"What a privileged life I live! I added a basement. It's two garages fulls." I opened the door only for him to close it.

"Theo, son, stop being like this. Please." His eyes seem sad. I cannot connect with him in any way. This man is a stranger to me. He's asking for too much. "I haven't seen you for a long time. Please stop avoiding me. This is your home. You don't need to run away because of me. We both belong here. If it will help, I'll stay out of your way. I'll take the west wing and you can take the east-"

"I'm not a morning person. I don't have time for this. I'm late for work."

"You don't usually go to the port. Are you avoiding me?"

"Some things came up that need my attention. That's the only reason I'm in Marseilles. After I'm done, I'm leaving. And to answer your question, yes, I'm avoiding you. Since you won't go away, I will."

I forced the door open and slammed the door shut. He's still looking at me, his palm pressed against the window. Why don't I feel anything but rage for this man. I tore my gaze away, fixing it on the opening garage doors.

I'm missing my wallet and my cards. I got the bill of what she spent and I'm pissed. Six digits in one day. That unruly brat will pay for everything.

I eased the car away, leaving the haunting figure of my father behind.

I parted with a pretty penny to get a hastened restraining order. If she has any sanity in her, she won't be harassing me today.

"What is it?" I answered my phone.

"Theo, it's Kei."

I felt my rage summer down almost suddenly. I slowed down, bringing the car to a stop on the side of the road.

"Kei. Is everything okay... why are you calling?"

"I'm in Marseilles, actually at the port. I'm here for a meeting. Leen was supposed to take care of that but I understand you two are having some issues."

"Your employee is harassing me."

"Hence the restraining order. Is it really that serious?"

"She pushed me into the sea."

"And you can swim, right? Theo, what is really going on between you two?"

"She stole my car! Damaged another and made off with my wallet! She blew 879,456 thousand euros on heav n knows what! I don't like her and I don't want her on my port ma cherie! You fire her today!"

"I understand why you are mad. I would be mad to if these things happened to me. However, I cannot be here all the time. That is why I am paying Leen to be the CEO. She is great at her job and I value her. If I need to mediate between you two-"

"No thank you. I would rather she is not ven banned from France. Whoever I have to talk to, I will to be rid of the blonde nuisance. Au revoir." I hanged up at her and threw my phone in the back seat where I cannot hear it ring. I sped off with my simmering rage on the pass nger seat.