** Black & Blue **

As I sat up from the bathroom floor, pain ran through my body like an electric shock. My hair was wet with my own blood, and possibly some of Draco's. I took a sharp inhale of air as I used the edge of a sink to haul myself onto my feet. The world was unsteady and it took a moment for the room to stop spinning, but when it did I shuffled slowly towards the door. I used my robe to cover most of my injuries. It took me quite a while to hobble to the Gryffindor Common room. Lessons had started again so the corridors were thankfully empty. When I arrived I saw Ron and Hermione sitting in the common room. "Harry!" Hermione leapt and hugged me. I grunted due to the pain. "Harry mate, what happened?" Ron asked. 

"Nothing." I replied with shaking breath. "Harry, you need to tell us," Hermione said rubbing my back. "Look I can't guys, so can we please just leave it?" I said getting slightly more annoyed. "Alright mate." Ron said looking at Hermione with concern. I shuffled up the stairs and gently lowered myself onto my bed. My chest and head were in the most pain. I slowly peeled off my shirt from my blood-soaked body. Suddenly Ron burst into our dorm. He stood completely still with his mouth wide open. He could see them, the purple splotches that now covered most of my abdomen. After some time Ron regained his composure and muttered. 

"Harry, you need to go to the infirmary." "No," I replied, "They'd ask too many questions." And then I started to cry, not because of the pain but because I was so overcome with emotion. I was drowning in it. Draco had kissed me and then subsequently beat me to a pulp. Draco has hated me my entire time at Hogwarts, but more than anything, I felt sorry for Draco. I'm sure he's in much more pain than I am right now. I'm definitely not gay. I fancy Ginny. But I liked the kiss. "Hey, hey, it's alright," Ron said in a comforting tone. He came and sat next to me. I just sobbed more at his kindness. 

My whole life I've felt unwanted and unloved. I've been beaten much worse than this by Dudley and Vernon but this, this hurt so much more. Eventually, Ron left me and I drifted off to sleep. "Potter...Potter!" I heard a voice whisper, I turned around, it was Draco standing beside my bed. "Draco, what are you doing?" I said as I rubbed my eyes. "I've come to say sorry," he quickly said. "What's the time?" I asked. "Uhh, I've got no idea," Draco replied. I looked out the window, it was pitch black. I noticed that Draco still had his blood-stained shirt on from earlier and his arm hadn't been bandaged. "Draco, have you not been back to your common room?" I asked cautiously. 

Draco said nothing but he shook his head as a single tear slid down his face. I panicked for a moment, I had no idea what I should do. I eased myself out of bed and towards my trunk. Draco looked broken when he saw me struggle. Another tear slid down his cheek. I grabbed some bandages from my trunk. I use them if I sprain my wrist or something playing Quidditch. "Sit down Draco," I said, gesturing to the edge of the bed. I sat beside him and started to bandage his arm. He flinched a little. I held his hand with mine to keep him from moving too much and I used my other hand to wrap the bandage around his thin arm. 

When I had finished my hand lingered on his for a small moment before I pulled away to touch my pounding head. Draco looked worried. "It's nothing," I said, however, this didn't seem to alleviate his anxiety at all. Draco stood up and looked at me silently for a moment as if he didn't know what to do. His pale skin shone in the moonlight and his white hair ever so gently brushed his cheekbone. "So...sorry," he whispered. He then walked out of my room without making a sound. His eyes were red and puffy so he had clearly been crying before. The weird thing is, I forgive Draco. I know most people in my position would rather see him expelled and punished in some sort of way. 

However I just didn't feel angry with him, I couldn't even conjure such a feeling. I understood him. I was shocked but that was now begging to wear off, so now I just feel numb. I feel empty. 

------
I woke up to the shuffling of Ron putting on his uniform. He was making every effort not to wake me. "Oh, you're up." Ron said breathing a sigh of relief. I pulled myself up, I was in much less pain than yesterday, but I still feel fragile. I slid out of bed and trudged towards my trunk. I looked out the window, it was cloudy and heavily raining. I sighed and put on my uniform, taking extra care when putting on my shirt. I pulled my cloak on and walked down to the common room, where Hermione was waiting for us. We all walked to the Great Hall together. Ron and Hermione were awkwardly silent. When we sat down and began to eat, I glanced across the room at Draco. 

He was sitting at the table looking gaunt. He had little food on his plate, which he hadn't touched. His friends around him were too clueless to see the state he was in. Hermione saw me looking at the Slytherin table. "Draco looks awful." She said. Ron nodded in agreement with his mouth full of toast. Expectantly the various owls started to fly in and deliver their letters. A large black owl swooped down and landed next to Draco. It held a black letter with a silver wax seal in it's beak. Draco took the letter and the owl flew off. He opened the letter cautiously, his hands were shaking. He read the letter, glaring at each of the words, he shoved it into his pocket. Tears filled his eyes. 

All of a sudden he stood up and rushed out of the Hall. I cleared my throat and said, "I'm just going back to the common room, I've forgotten something." Ron nodded and Hermione was too deep into her reading to hear me. I stood up and walked out of the Hall. I was walking down the corridor towards the toilets, where I expected to find Draco, but then I heard weeping coming from a broom cupboard. I burst in and quickly shut the door behind me. Draco was hunched up in a ball. When he noticed I was there he immediately stood up and brushed his clothes. "Draco, what's wrong?" I asked. he didn't say anything. He gave me a letter from his pocket. It read, 

Dear Draco,
It has come to our attention that you have not yet found a suitable partner to produce a Malfoy heir. Therefore your father and I have planned a ball that will take place next week. Here you will be expected to find a girlfriend that you wish to marry. We have invited so many worthy families. 
Sincerely, 
Narcissa Malfoy

I looked at Draco when I had finished reading. I wasn't quite sure what the problem was. "I don't understand." I said. "I don't want a girlfriend," Draco whispered. He was still not looking me in the eye. "Why not?" I asked. "Because my parents would never invite someone I could actually ever love," he answered. "I'm sure there will be some nice girls, Draco," I said trying to be reassuring. "That's the problem, Potter." He replied. I was so confused. "I would rather have them invite boys." he said still looking at the ground. Is Draco gay? No, he's not. I couldn't believe it, but he never did show any interest in girls, but he never showed much of an interest in anyone. 

"Oh I see Draco." I said attempting to remain diplomatic. "But my parents never will." he said, starting to cry once again. He moved his hand up to squeeze his forearm, the one he cut yesterday. I grabbed his hand and whispered, "Stop Draco." He released his hand from his arm but I didn't release mine from his. We stood in that cupboard for many moments staring at each other, my hand clutching his bony fingers. I could feel Draco's pulse rapidly increase. Once again he kissed me. It was different. He was gentle and instead of holding my arms down, he held my hand. It was also different because I kissed back. 

I grabbed his neck to pull him closer and rubbed his jawline with my thumb. He placed his hands on my back, almost as if he were hugging me. We broke away for air. "Please don't beat me up this time." I whispered. He shook his head. "Thank you, Potter." he whispered back. He gave a small smile and walked out of the cupboard. I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my hair. What the hell just happened? Draco was gay. He kissed me. I kissed back. It was unbelievable. I walked out of the cupboard and to my next lesson.