Chpt 3 👊

(⁕⁕A/N⁕⁕Alright I know this is another chapter in a row with a trigger but I just can't have any ideas that are too happy. Anyway trigger warning for abuse maybe skip this if you don't want to read about that. I will try and not make too much plot in this so you can skip and the story makes sense. You have been warned.)

(In case anyone had to skip the last chapter a summary was that Kenji saw marks on Ryan's arms and then after school they went to Kenji's house together where Ryan ended up falling asleep. After Ryan woke up it was nearly 10PM and Ryan rushed out the house leaving Kenji by himself to go to sleep.)

(~Time skip~)

The next day at the bus stop Danielle wasn't there and Ryan noticed immediately.

Ryan:"Hey Kenji...Where's Danielle?"

Kenji turned to Ryan and then his eyes widened.

Kenji:"Before I answer that, what happened to you? You're all bruised and your skin's red. You also look more tired than normal. Were you crying or something?"

Kenji asked quickly, clearly concerned.

Ryan:"I'm fine...Don't worry. I just slipped in the shower last night."

Kenji's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Kenji:"Then why are your eyes all puffy?"

Ryan:"I was crying because I really hurt my back when I fell."

Ryan stated, dismissively. Kenji felt sorry for Ryan but really didn't want to push it.

Kenji:"Alright. I'll believe you then."

Ryan smiled a little.

Ryan:"So why isn't Danielle here?"

Kenji:"Oh she's off because she has really bad cramps or something."

Ryan:"Oof...I hope she's alright."

Kenji:"Yeah..."

As they finished talking the bus arrived and the both walked on and sat down. Everything felt different, to Kenji at least. Ryan was so quiet and he just looked down. In the middle of the bus ride Kenji gently nudged Ryan. Ryan flinched a little.

Ryan:"Yeah...?"

Kenji:"Are you alright?"

Ryan:"Yeah of course I am."

Kenji:"Are you sure? Because you really don't look it...I'm really worried about you man..."

Ryan looked down for a moment before looking back up at Kenji.

Ryan:"...C-can I talk to you at break...?"

Kenji:"Of course...Where will you be...?"

Ryan:"Mr. McNeil's..."

Kenji:"Alright..."

Kenji smiled and held Ryan's hand. Ryan smiled slightly as his hand was held and then looked out the window. Kenji couldn't help but be worried for him.

(~Time skip~)

At break time Kenji nervously walked to Mr. McNeil's classroom. When he walked in he stopped walking as Mr. McNeil started talking.

Mr. McNeil:"What are you doing here, Kenji?"

Kenji:"I'm just here to talk with Ryan."

Kenji gestured over to Ryan who was sitting in the corner of the classroom. Ryan smiled timidly.

Mr. McNeil:"Alright."

Mr. McNeil smiled a little and then walked out of the classroom. Kenji sat down next to Ryan and held his hand.

Kenji:"So...What did you want to talk to me about...?"

Kenji looked at him with concern in his eyes.

Ryan:"...My dad b-beat me last night for coming home late..."

Kenji's eyes widened. He knew Ryan's dad was bad but he didn't think he'd go that far...Kenji pulled Ryan into a hug not caring about the tears staining his shirt.

Kenji:"Ryan...T-that's awful...You need to tell someone about this..."

Ryan's body shivered in Kenji's arms.

Ryan:"N-no...Really i-it's fine...It's not a big deal...I don't want to be a burden anyway..."

Kenji:"You're not a burden...Please...At least go to guidance."

Kenji said with a shaky voice as he hugged Ryan tighter.

Ryan:"...F-fine...I-I'll go to guidance..."

Kenji sighed in relief.

Kenji:"Do you want me to come with you...?"

Ryan nodded. After break was over the two went hand in hand down to guidance. Kenji knocked on the door.

Kenji:"Uhm excuse me...?"

Ms. Martin walked out.

Ms. Martin:"Hi Kenji. What's wrong?"

Kenji looked over at Ryan who was quiet.

Kenji:"Ryan has some...Injuries and he needs them treated."

Ms. Martin:"Alright I'll tell the first aider you go into that room over there alright?"

Ms. Martin pointed at the door to one of the guidance room and the two boys nodded before walking into the guidance room. The two sat down in silence before Ryan rested his head on Kenji's shoulder.

Kenji:"...It's going to be okay..."

Kenji started to play with Ryan's hair trying to calm him down. Ryan continued to stay quiet while hugging Kenji tightly.

(~Time skip~)

After Ryan got bandaged up Kenji tried to get Ryan to tell someone about his dad but Ryan refused. At the end of the day Kenji couldn't find Ryan anywhere and got the bus back home by himself.

I hope he's okay...

Kenji thought to himself on the bus.

(⁕⁕A/N⁕⁕Sorry about the short ish chapter I just really wanted to get this one out of the way!)