From A Nightmare To A Dream Come True

Pomni was alone and afraid, trapped in a nightmare. She was going through exit door after exit door after exit door, desperately trying to find her way out. But, just when she was about to go through one that finally seemed different, one that finally seemed to promise escape, she heard a cry from behind.

It was Ragatha. Pomni collapsed onto her knees, shaking. Ragatha was glitched out again, crying for help, but Pomni couldn't move, couldn't breath, couldn't do anything. She was drowning in her own nightmare.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ragatha was sleeping soundly when she was awoken, in the middle of the night, by screaming. Horrific screaming. And it sounded like... Sobbing, too? If that makes sense?

In any case, Ragatha bolted out of bed and out of her room towards the sound of the screams. But where she ended up terrified her.

Pomni?!

Ragatha essentially threw the door open. She could hear Pomni's sobs and screams and it broke her from the inside and out.

She saw the jester screaming and crying in her sleep, unable to wake up, but desperately trying to.

Within Pomni's cries for help, Ragatha could pick up one word she recognized.

"Dolly..." Pomni, with tears streaming out of her squeezed shut eyes, cried out for the one person in this cursed place who truly cared about her. The one person who convinced her she actually even mattered anymore. Ragatha.

Ragatha quickly took Pomni from the bed and into her arms. "Pomni!" Ragatha exclaimed as she desperately tried to compose herself.

Is this what Kaufmo was feeling just before he abstracted? Completely drowned in nightmares and horror? Ragatha, now crying as well, wasn't going to let Pomni meet the same fate.

"POMNI!!!" Ragatha cried once more. She had an idea, a single one that might save Pomni. She had to be mere moments away from abstracting by now. At this point, Ragatha was willing to risk it.

Gathering all her courage, Ragatha pulled Pomni closer to her face, and then kissed the smaller girl, with such passion it was breathtaking.

The two girls melted into the kiss, and Ragatha thought she'd never felt something more amazing in her life.

She didn't know how long it lasted. It could've been three seconds, two minutes, or an hour. She couldn't tell.

Pomni started slowly coming back awake, still aware of what had just happened.

Still dazed, the red and blue jester looked up at the ragdoll with a dizzy smile.

"Dolly...?" Pomni whispered in the darkness.

"Pom Pom?" Ragatha whispered in disbelief. "You're alright! I was so scared, I-"

Ragatha's near hysterics were cut short as Pomni pulled her in for another kiss, reveling in it. Ragatha placed her soft hands on Pomni's cheek, and Pomni did the same.

Sadly, they both had to pull away eventually to breath.

Ragatha, with still a few tears in her eyes, asked Pomni a single question.

"How?"

"W-What do you mean, how?"

"I-I mean how did you wake up? I said your name so many times, Pomni... You couldn't wake up..." Ragatha was crying again." I almost lost you..."

"Hey, hey, it's ok." Pomni reached out a hand and brought Ragatha's face closer to her's once more. "You know you can't get rid of me that easily, Dolly."

It was a couple of seconds before Pomni spoke again.

"As for how I woke up, well, it was like I was drowning, free falling through icy water. I had gotten there because I was having another exit door nightmare, but it was way worse than before, and this time I... I-I saw YOU there, Dolly. B-But you were all glitched out again, and I couldn't move to come help you, and the floor below me cracked until I was plummeting into those icy depths."

Pomni took a breath and continued.

"When you called out to me, I could hear it, but it was muffled, and it couldn't quite get through to me. I had almost hit the bottom, the point of no return, when I-I'd be... Abstracted... When you kissed me. It was like a breath that you had given me. It allowed me to fight my way back up and out of the water. I could wake up."

Pomni stared at the doll with unending love in her eyes. "Don't you get it, Dolly? You saved me," Pomni whispered before pulling Ragatha in for another kiss. "You really did."

The look in Ragatha's eye was indescribable. She was so happy, overjoyed and still a little nervous at the same time.

Now it was Pomni's turn for questions and being flustered. "U-Um, so, Dolly, do you wanna be m-my... umm... Girlfriend?" She stuttered.

She's so cute when she stutters... Ragatha thought to herself.

"Yes!" She exclaimed as she put both hands on Pomni's cheeks, and kissed her again.

After a couple minutes, Ragatha spoke up.

"So...Poms, I'm SO glad you're okay, but uh... Would it be ok if I... Slept in this room tonight? To make sure you don't have another nightmare?" Ragatha questioned, flustered and stuttering.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Dolly." Pomni replied happily.

And so the two of them climbed into the bed, side by side and finally at ease.

"I love you, Pom Pom."

"I love you too, Dolly."

They shared one last kiss before drifting off to sleep, nightmare-free.