7 ~ a lot to think about

TW: mentions of violence

Note: my chapters glitched (ty to my sister for pointing this out) so I hope this reaches everyone

-

You watched Fae and her friend smile and chat by the lake. You kept a safe distance of course.. but she was your sister and you were going to keep a close eye on her.

You were glad she was happy and had already made friends. You stared down at your charms book and flipped to the next page.

Harry was in detention right now.. you hoped that was going well. Probably not with umbridge. You sighed and snuggled a little further up into your coat. It was cold already.

Out of the corner of your eyes you saw the group of Slytherins approaching. You immediately had your guard up. They were always looking for ways to make your miserable.

'Dont be such a whimp.' Draco laughed. 'What harm can a little joke do?'

'We never pick on first years.. besides you heard her threats. She's like.. at 7th grade charms and spells level.' Gregory said.

Pansy stopped and grabbed onto Draco's arm. He sighed and shoved her off him. Pansy had liked Draco since first year.. but he just found her very annoying. She always thought she was hiding it well but you could spot it from a mile away. She was always staring and near him.

'I think we should have some fun.' Pansy smirked.

You kept your eyes stuck on them as they walked in your direction. They had to pass you you to get to her. You grabbed onto your wand and stuck out your foot just as Draco walked passed you. He tripped but managed to stay upright.

'You little-'

'I know what you're doing, Malfoy.' You hissed. 'Turn around.'

He laughed and looked at you. Pansy grabbed her wand and pointed it at you. You looked at her and grinned. Her magic didn't scare you.

'Why would I listen to you.. princess.' He asked.

'Princess?' Pansy asked.

You looked at her.

'Dont worry, he means it in a condescending way. I wouldn't want your garbage boyfriend anyways.'

Pansy turned a little red.

'She isn't my girlfriend.'

You saw that that hurt her a little but you didn't really care.

'Parkinson, you really think this...' You looked at her wand and then back up at her. 'Is your best move?'

You closed your book and tapped the cover, showing her the advanced book you were reading. You pointed your wand at her before a smile started forming on your face.

'Sissy? Are you okay?' Fae asked.

She saw the commotion and stood a couple meters away from you with her friend. Her other friends were staring from a distance.

'Yes.. got back to what you were doing. I've got this.' You said.

She hesitated but decided to walk back to the rest of her friends.

'I'm giving you.. let's say 3 seconds to get that wand out of my face and to walk away.'

Pansy looked at Draco but decided to lower her wand. You put your book down and got up.

'Smart cho-'

Pansy didn't know what came over her. Maybe it was the fact that you were objectively stronger and better looking than she was or it was still the nickname stuck in her head. Princess.. before she knew it she hit you right against your nose. You groaned and stumbled back.

'What the hell, Pansy!' Vincent exclaimed.

Draco grabbed her arm.

'Let's go before she literally kills you.'

He pulled her away. Fae had ran over to you and right as they walked away. You looked at your hand but you luckily weren't bleeding.

'Who are those people? They were fighting with you on the train too!'

'Dont worry about it, I'm alright. Please go have fun with your friends.'

She sighed.

'Y/N-'

'No. Please, Fae. I love to see you have fun. I'm not even bleeding. Thank you for checking up on me.'

You gave her a hug and she smiled before heading back. You sighed and sat back down. You had never been punched before. That was new. As you reached for you book, someone decided to sit down next to you with a frusted sigh. You turned your head to see Hermione. She was absolutely fuming.

'Hey girl.. you okay?' You asked.

'I'm fine. You?'

You grinned.

'Pansy just punched me in the nose but I'm good.'

Hermione turned to you in shock. She looked at you but was relieved to see nothing was seriously wrong.

'Are you going to be honest with me?' You asked.

She sighed.

'Harry just gor back from detention. Umbridge made him write with a pen that used his blood and he now has "you must not tell lies" carved into his hand.'

'What?' You asked in shocked.

Carved into his hand? That couldn't be legal. That was seriously child abuse. Why was no one stopping her. Dumbledore was no where to be found.

'We aren't learning anything! You-know-who is on the loose and we are just.. Reading!'

'It's horrible. I know.' You said. 'She's such a terrible person too.'

'We need a teacher. Someone who knows what's it like to fight.' Hermione said. 'You and Harry. You're the best at spells and he has actually fought.. you-know-who.'

That was a lot to process.

'Me?' You asked.

'Mostly Harry. He's fought him, you know? Just think about it, okay?'

You just nodded.. it was indeed a lot to think about.