13 : No Princess Left Behind

Athena POV

Catra and I stand in front of a screen. Catra holds at the Sword of Protection and looks curiously as it shimmers. I smile when she laughs and says, "Check this thing out. You've got to admit, in a single mission, we inflicted more damage on the Rebellion than anyone else. I succeeded where even Shadow Weaver failed."

"You are correct," I say, "We both did. It's an accomplishment in itself that Shadow Weaver isn't here. Though I do wish at times that I could rub it in her face."

"You and me both."

Lord Hordak appears on a screen and we both go silent.

"Force Captain Catra and Athena."

"My Lord." We say insync.

"I commend you both on the capture of the Princess of Bright Moon. Queen Angella has been given until the mornings moonrise to surrender herself to our forces." Hordak says.

"Thank you, Lord Hordak. I thought you would be pleased with our work." I say and Catra looks proud.

"You both have proven yourself once more, today," he says then addresses me, "Athena, I need to see you."

"Yes, Hordak," I say and nod to Catra before walking out. I get to his corridors and walk in without knocking, "Watcha need?"

"So," he starts, "It's your birthday today."

"But we don't do birthdays," I say confused.

"We can start, I suppose," he replies, "if not, just spend today with Catra. Reward yourself for your accomplishments. Take today and relax."

I nod in response, "It would be fun to actually celebrate something. Well, happy birthday to me I guess."

"Happy birthday, Athena," Hordak says and smiles. I nod and smiles back before waving goodbye and walking out to find Catra. I find her laying slightly on my bunk.

"Y'know you have your own corridor, right?" I say and she blushes slightly before smirking.

"I like yours better," she replies, "What'd Hordak need?"

"Good," I say before answering her question, "He told me that I could celebrate my birthday today even though we don't. He said that we might start celebrating things from now on." Catra's eyes widen at my words.

"It's your birthday!?"

"Yep! I'm turning 18 in this life!" I say and smile gleaming.

"We need to do something! With everyone!" Catra exclaims before stopping, "Actually no. Not everyone. Just me."

"Alright then," I reply giggling, "Whens your birthday?"

"October 28th."

"Oh," I say and frown slightly, "so it was not long ago. Well happy belated birthday I guess!"

"Thanks!" She says before standing up and walking towards me.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing," she says before picking me up suddenly and throwing me on the bed.

"Wha-" I yelp before she covers my mouth.

"Shhhh," she smirks before climbing onto the bed after me, "Just relax, darling."

I melt at the pet name and automatically do what she says. I take her hand off my mouth and pull her towards me slightly. Catra raises an eyebrow as I move closer and wrap my arms around her waist. I pull the blanket over us and lay my head on her chest. I feel her wraps her arms around me as well and we lay there silently. I lie there for a little longer in her warmth before gathering up the courage. I sit up quickly, not giving Catra a chance to pull me back, and straddle her.