...
- Do I understand correctly that the competition lasts for two weeks in the summer? – I inquired, clutching the stuff I received.  - Every day we will go racing in this red dress?
- Exactly - agreed the director.  - With the difference that you don't have to go every day, you'll be there in the first place. - he said, then, seeing our complete astonishment, he straightened his hair in confusion.  – Oh, didn't I mention that? The organizers will accommodate you together with the other schools during the event. But where this year's competition will be held, will only be revealed at the start. Last year, for example, the NASC was organized on Lake Balaton, (Big lake in Hungary) he said. Then, seeing our confusion, he added: - You really don't know the competition?
- Nobody knows it - snapped Bernadette.

- My parents won't let me go if they don't know where am I going - Zsombor shook his head.
– Of course, I took this possibility into account, that's why I would like your parents to call me if they have any questions, I am ready to help them and I will convince them that there is no reason for concern.  As I said, by tomorrow morning at the latest let me know if you accept the competition. I count on you!  - he stared at us with a pleading look.
- I'm coming - Bernadette said.
- I'm coming too.  If it doesn't slip into Sound's time. (music festival) Because there I would go to boogie - said Lorant.
- Boogie? -  Zsombi frowned, trying to figure out what this might mean in Lorant's interpretation.
- Yes. Boogie. - nodded Lorant and he clenched his fists in front of himself and he started dancing in the principal's office.  Without music.
We all watched in shock, then Director Kocsis shook his head and cut him off.
- It's fine, Lorant, thank you, it will be enough to... whatever you're doing just stop it. - he soothed, looking at us. - Well, we're done then. Thank you for listening, I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for your response, you don't have to wait until tomorrow, you can call me today. Take the sweaters, show them at home, and also the information sheet - the director rubbed his palms together while walking past us, he opened the door and let us out.

Zsombor went forward, followed by Bernadett and Lorant, but I stopped when I reached the door and looked at Kocsis.
- Sir, may we have a few words? - I asked, still clutching the folded up warmer to my chest.
- Of course, Hannah. Sure - he nodded bitterly, and I could tell from the look on his face that he already knew it would be me who declines the invitation. He sat down at his desk chair and rested his chin on his clasped fingers, and  he looked at me.
- Thank you very much for thinking of me, but... I can't go... I don't want to go.  I'll give this back - I muttered, putting down the clothes on the table.
- Look, Hannah, I understand and empathize with you, honestly. However, I would advise you not to decide so hastily, talk to your father and think about it a few more times.  Please! - he insisted.
- I don't want to discuss it with dad, because he would definitely expect me to go, while precisely because of him, I cannot undertake it. I just… I don't want to leave him alone.  Especially for so long. I don't… I haven't been anywhere since... Since last summer - I searched for the words with a huge lump in my throat while I twisted the bracelet on my wrist.
- I know - the director looked at me sadly.
- Just please reconsider. It would be really nice to have a realistic student on the team. I'm sure you could add a lot to the competition,   not to mention that a little environmental change wouldn't hurt you either.
- Thank you, but my own environment is fine - I insisted.
- Okay. However, I would still leave your nomination pending until tomorrow. Will you allow your name to remain with a question mark until then? - he asked with a nice smile.
- Of course - I said and started towards the door, and Kocsis escorted me out.
- I really count on you, Hannah - he looked into my eyes before I left.
- There are others at the school who achieved much better results then me, they are more suitable for such a competition - I grumbled   my shoulder.
- That's not true - Kocsis said immediately.
- You take your academic results as a basis, but I chose according to skills. They are not the same - he encouraged.  - By the way, congratulations on your certificate.
- It could be much better.
- From where you brought yourself up, it's more than outstanding performance.  Don't be so hard on yourself! You saved a lot for the end of the year - he said kindly, and I smiled gratefully.
- If I were to cancel this competition tomorrow... - I stopped - Have you already notified another student to prepare instead? – I asked.
- No - he shook his head firmly.
- I don't think it would hurt, though - I tried to see if he would understand not to count on me.
- I'm waiting until the last moment, because I believe you will participate.
- I won't - I declared.
- Okay. I will start the search after the deadline tomorrow. Until then, you are in the team - he turned back, went to his table, picked up the sweater and pressed it into my hand. - And take this with you, it was made for you - he encouraged me with a smile. Sighing, I walked out the door and I bumped into the others who seemed to be waiting for me.