Invitation

It's the year 2000. The bell rang, and there it was, the end of school. Nicholas and Charlotte had been dating for weeks, and they were very happy together. Everyone was pushing through big crowds as there was apparently a fight, but Nicholas and Charlotte decided to ignore it, as it was probably just a rumour.
Nicholas then said, "Hi babe.", giving Charlotte a slight wink.
Charlotte then responded, "Right back at you, babe.", also giving Nicholas a slight wink. The big crowds that were pushing past before were walking back sadly as the fight really was just a rumour.
Nicholas then spoke, "So, are we still up for that cinema date next Tuesday?", as he opened his locker.
Charlotte responded, "You betcha.", also opening her locker.
As they both opened their lockers, a piece of paper dropped out of them. They looked at the letters in disarray. They both picked up the papers to read them. They both read:

PARTY ON FRIDAY 31ST OCTOBER
ABANDONED HOUSE ON DEAD MAN'S AVENUE
STARTS AT 12
INVITE ONLY
DON'T BRING ANYONE

They both finished reading the papers. They stood there just looking at them, excited but mostly confused. They were both scratching their heads in confusion. Nicholas then opened his mouth to ask, "Wait, isn't the 31st today?"
Charlotte then opened her mouth to reply, "It is today."
Nicholas then asked, "Well, do you wanna go?"
Charlotte said, "No I'm not going." She proceeded to walk over to the bin to throw the invitation away. Nicholas ran to her, then held her arm to stop her.
Nicholas then spoke, "Look Char, don't throw it away. C'mon, it's our first party since we started going out, why don't we make the most of it?", before releasing her arm.
Charlotte then spoke, "Nick, it's in an abandoned house, what if something happens to us?"
Nicholas explained to her, "Look, we got our phones to call the police and the police station is literally next to the house. We can literally call for help whenever we want. Plus, we can have a bit of private time, if you know what I mean." He then gave Charlotte a little hug. She looked at the invitation again, then spoke:
"Ok, I'll go, but it's literally at 12, what if we're not allowed to go?"
Nicholas then spoke, "We'll sneak out, and anyways our parents aren't home. They're going to that convention thing, remember?"
Charlotte replied, "Alright then." She began to excitedly walk out of the school to go home.
"See you later, babe!" Shouted Nicholas, also excitedly leaving, 30 seconds after Charlotte.