Chapter 1

Jennifer.

"Dev please...stop!" I cried out loud, begging over and over for my boyfriend to stop and let me go but he just ...wouldn't.

"My kids are here and your drunk! Deverick get off of me!". I yelled at him trying to break free from his grip but he only gripped my body tighter.

He let go of me and pushed me up against the kitchen counter. He was just so much stronger than me.

I know what you all are thinking....
Leave.
but I couldn't leave him I still loved him, sadly. Crazy thing, Deverick wasn't always like this I don't know what changed just one day he was...different. When he drinks, this man has so much rage. He lets his anger take over his entire body, the littlest thing can make him blow up.

Niah my first born, my baby girl was just crying and screaming at the top of her lungs. It hurt me to see my child scared for me. I felt so helpless, I knew one day it was gonna be over because no child should ever have to witness their mom going through this. I looked over at my baby and to see the pain in her eyes...it just broke my heart even more. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and hug her
Mommy is so sorry.

"Deverick please!!" I begged him to stop.
Niah and Jacala cried out for me but he continued to hit me with his fist and kick me. I tried to block his hits and hit him back, But I was so weak and tired. All I hear is both of my baby's crying for me while begging Deverick to stop, Eventually he did.

"Shut the fuck up! Jacala lets go!", He tried to grab my baby but I pulled her back. It only made him even more angry so he tightened his grip. I was not going to let this man take my child nor hurt her. As weak as I was I managed to find the strength. "No!Daddy!!! Please stop! I don't want to go!!! I want my Mommy!!",Jacala started kicking and screaming Niah and I both got a good hold of Jacala and he finally let go of her. My baby's jumped in my arms holding on to me so tight crying and terrified.

"DEVERICK PLEASE LEAVE! Please just go ..please". I begged him and used myself as a shield for my babies because I didn't know what he was about to do, I didn't want him to harm my children.

"You see what you did Jennifer! You turned my daughter against me! THIS IS YOUR FAULT !" Deverick yelled and stormed out the house slamming the front door causing my glass decor to fall and break into pieces on the floor.

I closed my eyes with tears running down my face, hugging my girls while asking god what to do. I couldn't keep having my daughters go through this. From this day forward I knew, We had to run. I knew I needed a full thought out plan because this man was going to kill me. Deverick always get like this when he's intoxicated. I tried to tell him to get help but every time I mention therapy to him he would get angry all over again so I just-I just stopped.

Please don't judge me...I know I shouldnt be in this type of relationship not only for me but for the sake of my children, but I can't just up and leave I tried once and he found me and beat me badly. I was in the hospital for a whole week while I was pregnant with Jacala. He could've killed me and our unborn child.

"Mommy.. I'm scared!", Jacala said crying I hugged and kissed her while caressing her head. "Shhh...baby I know, I know-mommy's sorry I let this happen. Did daddy hurt you?". She cried no and shook her head I checked her arm and body just make sure she was okay from when he had grabbed her. "Mommy your bleeding a lot!". Niah looked at my face and panicked. "Sh.Sh.Babygirl its okay.. Mommy's okay baby, look go upstairs to your room and go change clothes, Niah baby help your sister get cleaned up while I go make something to eat for y'all". I let them go and they both walked upstairs to their room.

I looked at myself in the mirror and seen where Deverick had hit me. Oh God, please just why-why does he do this to me, I looked out the window to make sure he had actually left the house and if his car was gone and it was. I went to my bedroom and started a warm shower to clean myself up because Trey was coming over soon to pick up Niah for the day. I didn't want him to see me like this.

~ after the shower ~

"Niah?"

"Jacala?"

"Lunch is ready! Come down and eat". As I set the table I could hear their little foot steps running to come downstairs to eat. I helped Jacala sit in her chair while putting her plate in front of her so she can eat. Niah sat next to her, Jacala was about to start eating but her big sister stopped her. "Noo! Cala we gotta say grace first remember ". They both closed their eyes and started praying. My babies make my heart melt, their just so sweet and precious i have to do better for them.

After they finished eating I pulled Niah to the side to speak with her before her dad got here. "Hey baby..Um remember what I always tell you whenever you go visit your dad right?" She nodded her head and put her head down. "It's okay baby, but I need you to really keep what happened today to yourself, do not tell your father about Deverick". The doorbell ranged.

"Mommy I promise, I won't tell dad", A tear rolled down my face and I quickly wiped it getting myself together before I opened the door. "Alright hun go get your shoes and your bag". She nods and runs upstairs to go get her things while I went to open the door. "Hey Trey, she'll be right down she's just grabbing her things."

"Hey Jen, alright that's fine", He walks in the house looking around. I realized I never had a chance to clean up the broken glass off the floor and he noticed it. "Damn, What happened over there?"

"Oh um.. It fell out of no where and broke, I haven't had the time to clean up". I started picking up the glass pieces off the floor. "Let me help you". He looked at me and helped with cleaning the glass up and I felt him staring at me, I looked at him and turned my head walking away to throw the glass away and he followed me. "What happened to your face?".

I shook my head, "It's nothing Trey seriously...I had um...I uh-Ran into the cabinet earlier I wasn't paying attention to it being open and yeah that's what happened", He squinted his eyes."Ohh..Wow is that right ? Cabinet huh? So you telling me that the cabinet did th-"

"Daddy!!!". Niah interrupted him thankfully she came down at the right time. "Heyy Daddy's big girl!". He picked her up hugging her ."Well we better get going I have to go to the studio I'll drop her back off later on tonight I'll text you",I nodded and he walked to the door leaving out "Bye Babygirl Mommy loves you Have fun!",
"Love you too mommy!". Trey had her in his arms and flipped her upside down running to the car while she's just laughing and smiling. She really enjoys spending time with her dad and that makes me so happy to see her happy. I smiled and closed the door.

"Jacalaaa what you doing baby?"

"You finished eating?"

She nodded her head while licking her hands she had a face full of food. I cleaned her face, hands and bib then helped her out of her high chair.

"Mommy mommy cartoons?"

"Yes baby let me turn them on for you okay". I grabbed the remote turning on her favorite show while she climbed on the couch grabbing her stuffed animal getting comfortable. I left her in the living room watching tv as I started cleaning up before Deverick came back because if dinner wasn't cooked and the house wasn't clean before he comes.Who knows what will happen.

#TreySongz
#Jennifer Hudson

**PSA I know you guys like this story so much! I appreciate all the love I've been receiving from this story. I published this book in 2018 & I recently reread it for myself and realized how many mistakes I had made while writing years ago so I decided to update a few things. Therefore, I had to unpublished the rest of the chapters due to me reviving the story and also fixing any mistakes which were a lot lol! But for the ones wondering when the rest or the story will be republished, it will be released again reaaaal soon! but until then I hope you all enjoy this first updated chapter ❤️
-Author, Brei Lynae (5-18-22)