chapter one

******hai******

i'm going off to the center! (***************************************************calling from the doorway to his mom in the kitchen, he opens the door and sets out towards the train station. in his airy, black pants and black shirt, he takes out his headphones from his backpack, turns them on, and plays the song he's been forced to listen to by viventertainment for the past month: riize, get a guitar.)***************************************************

***************************************************to put it bluntly, hai is NOT a good dancer, and the post-chorus was really getting to him, and so he practiced anywhere and everywhere he could. eventually, he reached the station entryway, and went down the steps into the station, scanning his transit card and boarding the train.***************************************************

******hai******

(********************noticing a viventertainment badge with the name "park ji-sung" on a passenger's shirt, the same one all viventertainment trainees are given)******************** jisung?

******************************************************************************just a quick overview of viventertainment: viventertainment is a nugu but also at the same time, not nugu entertainment center - they're like kep1er. they're known for debuting extremely well rounded groups that are extremely talented but just don't get a lot of attention. to put it simply, they're the entertainment center the best of the best go to in the hopes that they will be debuted in a crazy talented group.******************************************************************************

************jisung************

(*****************************************************he looks up at hai with a blank stare, giving him chills)*****************************************************

******hai******

***********(startled)*********** i see you have a viventertainment badge, do you train there? i do, i'm actually on my way there right now! i've actually been training there for a while, like, two years i think?

*****hai, being nineteen, had been training at viventertainment sine he was seventeen. to be honest, hai's first entertainment choice was not viventertainment, unlike most trainees there. his actual first entertainment choice was hybe or sm, but when he called hybe back to ask about his results, they told him he was denied because, and i quote, "no entertainment center wanted to work with a vietnamese trainee," which made absolutely no sense to him because of hanni's existence. when he called sm back, they told him he was just one point away from meeting sm's visual criteria - basically, they called him ugly. but hai wasn't too upset, i mean, if you'd want to get called ugly by any entertainment center in south korea, it'd be sm.*****

************jisung************

uhm.. yeah.. i do train there..

******hai******

oh, cool! i guess i'll see you around then... *********************(hai walked away and sat down, confused a little. why had he never seen jisung before? all trainees training periods are split into six blocks of 8 hours that overlapped, and pretty much everyone in every block knew each other, so why had he never seen jisung before?)*********************

**************shrugging it off, hai got off at the same stop he'd always got off, and trailed behind jisung to viventertainment, the ticket into becoming an idol and fulfilling hai's childhood dreams. walking into the building, hai took out his trainee card from the back of his phonecase, and scanned it, moving along into the building. it was 6am, which was apparently the opportune time to eat a full blown meal. hai went over to the cafeteria from the left of the entry/lobby, and began preparing his breakfast.**************