Chapter 1:Tired

Knuckles is strong.

His the powerhouse of the team.

Always in Sonic's side and helping him with anything that needs with his strength.

They're always been with him since he first met them in the Island, the first ones who have discovered him..

Without them, he couldn't leave the island and leave outside world..

But recently..

Knuckles have been inactive lately.

At first he seems to slow down a little, he doesn't seem to participate in any activities except for Eggman's constant attacks.

Then he rarely join them, he only come like once a week but he always look like his ganna vomit, they ask him if he was okay but he always says his fine.

Until he didn't get out of the island..it's been 2 weeks since he last join them.

He only seem to join whenever Eggman attack but they noticed that he seems slower and get exhusted more easily.

He also seem to only avoid the attacks, not dodging them but only to avoid them. Now it's been a month and he haven't come out since.

Sonic suggested to visit Knuckles on the Angel Island if Knuckles isn't ganna come to their activities then they will come to him.

Tails doesn't seem to think this is a good idea since the Echidna might want have some time alone.

But Sonic convince him it's ganna be fine which they are now on a Tornado to fly and reach the Angel Island.

It only took them a few hours to get there and they finally made it, Sonic did a big jump and landed perfectly with a grin, Tails hopped off the plane before patting it with a smile.

"Alright! Knuckles here we are!" He shouted before running to where the altar is, Tails followed behind as he also look at the place they're in.

It's been a while since he was here, still beautiful as ever..

Tails stopped when they reach the altar, a old and ruined altar with the Master Emerald standing in it's usual spot, it still looking so majestic as ever.

Tails smiled as he soon saw Sonic walking right to Knuckles who is sleeping on the floor of the altar.

"Oh Knux, wakey wakey" He said in a teasing tone, he smirk as he poke his dreads.

He didn't respond which made Sonic continue, this would sometimes anger him or slap his hand away like any other times but..

He still didn't respond..

Now Sonic start to feel something is off, Tails look behind, looking confused.

"Knuckles?" He ask as Sonic shake him a little.

The echidna tensed up suddenly.

"W.. What..?" He ask, his voice sounds..raspy..

His brows furrowed with his eyes squinted, like he was preparing for a fight but soon he calm down a little once he realized it's them.

"Oh..what are you two doing here?" He ask as Sonic look a bit concern.

"You okay Knux?" Sonic ask as he look at Knuckle's appearance.

Knuckle's bright red fur is starting to dull, his deadlocks looks messier, his eyes looks sluggish. This really is concerning.

"I'm fine..why you ask.?" He said looking at them with his brow slighty raised.