Chapter Ten

He had given him the sad news unfortunately. A sad news for himself in fact. Shifty wouldn't care at all if anything happens to the vase. And with that in mind, Handy didn't seek any sympathy from him. Not that he would expect it to begin with...

Then again, Shifty had been proven him wrong since the last few hours with him, which was unusual, " They took it and sold it to some bear that was out of fashion. Probably still living in the 70s in his head. That jerk bag walked out of that museum with the vase in his hand." He was getting angry explaining it to Shifty.

" Ah, that bear with an afro?" Shifty sounded neutral about him, " I made a deal with him once, ignorant guy." He said without the same tone as Handy had. Handy sink into his chair and was silent afterwards. Though none of them were speaking, there was this uncomfortable tension in the air, an impending conflict between them about to form.

" I'm confuse how they took the vase." The raccoon said, " You didn't fill in the detail on that one.." Handy was getting fed up with him, he acts like this wasn't him to blame in the first place, " There's no point in telling.. Everything that had happened yesterday was your cause. Thanks to you, the vase is in someone's home right now."

Handy was too weary to even raised his voice at the phone. Shifty got his handcuff removed while Handy was left with nothing up to a point to their deal. It was unfair and that left him angry towards the one who started all of this. " Shifty, i'll be straight with you right now, the deed has been done. So let's just end it here and never speak of this again."

Knowing Shifty, Handy suspected he would try to argue back even when he was clearly in the wrong here. However, the deafening silent at his end really surprised Handy. He waited for him to even say a word, but nothing did for the next few seconds. Handy was beginning to think Shifty didn't listen to his speech and was occupied with something else.

Just when he plan to hang up, Shifty finally responded, " Alright, whatever you say man.." he was quiet than before. Handy pressed his head against the speaker and could make out a sound of rustling in the call. This slightly confused him and wondered where Shifty was while having this phone call. Yet, he didn't think much of it and exhaled, " OK, i'm going to end the call now."

He slid his phone down to the table and shortly ended it. The phone rest on the wooden surface as Handy began to reflect of their whole interaction just now. There's something up with that guy that Handy can't put into words.

Shifty was unpredictable to read and had been taking Handy off guard any time he done something he wouldn't likely do. He was aware how extra paranoid he's being to the point where he gets agitated about it. But someone like Shifty wouldn't suddenly just behaved like this, it's implausible.

Enough said, Handy just hope he doesn't get to be in the same room with him anymore. He had a feeling Shifty was scheming onto something. It could likely be the reason why he was being a strange individual. It's just a thought he had for a while.

-

The door of their apartment kept banging nonstop, so much so his neighbor exited their room to shout and swear at him. Obviously, Shifty was insolent enough to pulled a middle finger at them before slamming his other fist on the door once more. The neighbor eventually went back in and shut their door loudly to expressed their frustration.

" For fucks sake!" Finally, he heard his brother swearing behind the door. Shifty stopped what he was doing and watched the door swung open, revealing Lifty, " Who the hell banged at the door this late-" He paused when he saw his twin standing by their front step. Shifty was in his full attire, along with his trench coat. Lifty's eye began to twitched, " Shifty, you could've call me. It's three in the morning!"