Chapter Two

Φ
In all of my 'visits' to the Chancellor's office, that particular one was the most nerve-wracking. All the members of the Academic Board were there in a heated argument about if I should or should not be the one administered to the Electi. I honestly felt like a piece of meat being tossed back and forth between two hungry ass lions. Mrs Britishce had ruled out all of my offenses since the seventh grade and there were truly alot of them.

However, my combat trainers reminded her of my fighting skills which resulted in an even bigger demarcation. If I wasn't being thoroughly watched I would have gotten up and walked right out of that mad house. My opinions didn't even matter as I was being constantly ignored. If there was one thing I hated, it was not getting my points across. Which as I concur with Mrs Britishce, was always by physical means.

So there I was: biting the insides of my cheeks,digging my nails into the plush office-chair and feeling my cheeks heat up as each sinful minute passed by. I was seriously fighting the urge to lash out at everyone as they continued to argue incessantly and speak as if I wasn't present in the room.

My ears became gradually inure to the bee-like chorus. I was counting down the seconds to when I would start an upheaval that would surely deny me of any accession I was to receive. Finally,their choruses became hushed tones and hushed tones became silence. Mrs Britishce had scrutinized me with her charcoal eyes and said rather reluctantly:

"Well,Miss Cyzek it seems like the odds are in your favour today. The council has come to the agreement that you are indeed fit to carry out this duty. Your previous incident with Miss Grant will be forgotten. Just please be sure to know that you must be conscientious whilst being one of two guardians of the Electi. Any form of abdications will result in very,very,VERY illfated consequences..."

She had smirked and her words held far more threat than it should've. Arrogant wretch.

The walk back to my dorm room was torture; especially with the Electi strolling behind me. I felt a bit guilty for fuming the way I was, but I was upset and babysitting wasn't my thing really. The kid was quiet,which I was thankful for. Honestly, lack of communication would be heaven for me. Hopefully,the few weeks or whatever that I had with her would fly by quickly so she would be out of my air. I glanced behind me out of curiousity to see what she was up to. She was looking at everything we passed with a hint of fascination in her green eyes. Kids.

Finally we arrived on my floor. I opened my room door to find Cade and Lani sitting on the carpeted floor playing a game of chess. Their eyes shot up when they saw me. Actually, I think it was when the Electi's 'immense' presence was acknowledged. I rolled my eyes. They scurried to their feet and bowed. Their nervousness was radiant even without me reading their auras.

"Please rise," the tiny person instructed,"I am nothing but a mere gifted one just like you. Yes, I may be deemed the Electi but I have honestly never been fond of being in the spotlight. So please don't do that. I'm guessing you are expected to do it in public but not now."

She gave them a smile.

Well then...

My two friends hesitantly obliged. I cleared my throat.

"Uhm... This is Lani,my room mate and best friend," I told her.

Lani, to my annoyance, fumbled for the right words to say but in the end, a simple handshake was good enough.

"...and this is Cade,my other best friend."

The Electi extended a tiny hand towards Cade. He smiled and took it.

Her smile faded almost immediately. Her whole demeanor had changed. Her green eyes held a distant look, not the sparkle that I had seen minutes earlier. She was looking at Cade,whose stance had became rigid,but somehow it seemed she was looking through him also.