Chapter 5

"Pierre, would you slow down a bit? I don't feel so good." I asked and put a hand on my mouth feeling sick.

"Sorry, I'm used to driving fa-" Pierre was interrupted by my puking on the floor of his poor Ferrari 812 Superfast. 

"I'm so sorry, Pierre." I mumbled as he stopped the car.

"Well, if anything, I can resist you after seeing that." He laughed.

"So, I look like shit. Noted." I said laughing, too.

"Well, surprisingly no. You are still pretty. I do not know how," He said quietly and got me out of the car.

"Do you at least feel better?" He asked. "Yeah, actually. Still drunk, but less," I answered, sadly.

"Can I ask you something?" I looked at him. He gave me a nod. "What is Charles like? Like, is he a good person?" I asked.

"Yes. He's a good guy. I've known him for a long time and I can say he always worried about me. I was heartbroken after my ex left me and I coped with it through sleeping with lots of girls. Charles is the only one who talked some sense into me. Everyone else just cheered for me in that phase, but I was shit. He helped me to get out of it." Pierre said and I smiled thinking about Charles.

"That's probably why he stopped you from flirting with me." I said and Pierre shaked his head.

"Nah. He likes you and he wants you to himself." He said. I looked at him with furrowed brows.

"He doesn't want me to himself. He just met me. The chemistry is there just based on looks." I said and my heart broke a little by saying that but it's true. "Nobody would have this kind of attraction towards someone on the first look unless it was superficial." I continued.

"So you like him?" Pierre smirked.

"No, I mean, his looks yeah. I don't know him. I guess I just know he is a nice guy for standing up for me to Charlotte, and he is nice for keeping me safe by resisting me while we're drunk." I smiled because of that. "And I guess he is a brave guy for telling me I look beautiful in that way."

"What do you mean 'that' way?" He wondered. "Well, you know those movies, romantic movies where a guy pours out his heart by saying cheesy stuff like how beautiful she is. Like that but only it wasn't so cheesy coming from him. It was nice, I guess." I said nervously.

"Damn, Charles. Never imagined you as a pussy." He laughed.

"So, based on this, you guess he is a nice guy and all this tonight was superficial?" Pierre was like 'Don't bullshit me'.  "Ah, you are hard to manage and hard to get, I'm leaving you to him." He smirked and genuinely smiled like he was letting me get with his best friend.

"Well, thanks for the free ticket to your best friend but I guess I'll pass. I'm not for a relationship. I'm just not ready after what I went through with David." I said.

"You will end up with Charles, care to make a bet on it?" He proposed and I shook his hand. We end up agreeing on a 50 dollars bet.

"Can I please stay at your place? My head is killing me and the hotel is far away." I asked annoyed.

"Sure, but keep your hands away from me, Ms. horny." I blushed at his comment with a proud face.

We walked into his hotel room and I realized it was a mess. Clothes all over the room.

"Are you a girl getting ready? I don't understand." I said and chuckled. "Sorry about the mess, I get nervous getting ready." He said and took out a shirt and shorts to give me to sleep in.