Nightmares

[Nightmares] - HanlovesNi credit for idea to this chic. Go give her a follow yeah :)

___

My knees buckles underneath me and my breathing seemed to be caught in my throat. A pain throbbed every time I opened my eyes but I forced them to endure it.

Two equally large men held me down by the elbows as I watched the love of my life. There's was no doubt that there was dirt amongst my face. But the tears that have fallen leave clean streaks to the base of my jaw.

"P-please!" She sobbed tugging weakly on her chains and throwing her head back. A large crack was slashed on her wounded back before an immense cry cracked from her lips.

I wanted to yell; to scream at the man to stop. But my words caught in my throat just like my breathing had. It was like I was born without a voice. And this constant thought of my voice being her savior ran through my head, but I couldn't use it. It wasn't there.

"(Y/N)!" My mind screamed. My dry lips parted open and I desperately wanted to scream her name. But nothing came out.

This my fault. This was my entire fault.

. . .

"(Y/N)!" I screamed long and loud gripping the soft sheets beside me.

"Niall? Niall what is it?!" I snapped my head over to see I had woken (Y/N) up in a panicked state.

A sob left my mouth and I lunged sidewards and brought her to the safety of my arms. It was between croaked sobs and cooed words of reassurance that I spluttered in her ear.

Her hand rubbed my back and another ran through my hair.

"You had another nightmare didn't you?" She whispered as I nodded letting my teeth shakily latch onto her warm neck. "Oh baby... I'm here. I'm right here."

She leant over and turned the lamp on before gathering a mess known as me in her arms. (Y/N) kissed my hair and rubbed my shoulders, chest, arms, back and neck as she soothed me.

I took a fistful of her hair and molded my mouth against hers. Salty tears and trembling lips was all she could probably taste, but nevertheless she pulled me closer.

Carefully (Y/N) laid me down, our lips never losing contact, and wrapped her arms around my head. She slowly detached our lips and kissed around my face as I gripped her shoulder blades and inhaled her scent.

"Niall," she whispered and crawled back before making her way to the light switch. I sat up and watched her on alert as she turned the ceiling fan up a notch. "I want you to relax baby."

Coming back on to the bed, she rubbed my chest and hummed down at me. I blinked back rubbing her arms and felt myself physically relax in her hold.

My eyes struggled to keep open as she laid on top of me before her arms secured around my neck. I Nuzzled my face in her neck and kept tight arms around her back as we relaxed into the dim lighted room.

"(Y/N)?" I whispered as she hummed kissing my ear. "I-I'll keep you safe. I-I promise."

"I know you will Niall. I know you will."

I know it was short but I wanted to write it for HanlovesNi again, go follow her. A little friends never hurt anybody :) listen to what your mummy says;

Mummy Nouis out my little kittens :*