is

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕
Docility

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

"This is incredibly unsettling," you deadpan, massaging your temples with a wince.

"What is?" Veneer asks, tilting his head. The twins stand next to your bedside, scrutinizing you due to last night's events. "Oh, I don't know," you reply sarcastically, "How long have you two been here?"

Veneer lounged in his sleepwear, clad in a loose shirt that revealed his collarbone, complemented by pants that casually brushed the floor, his hair tousled in a charming disarray. Velvet, in stark contrast, remained adorned in formal attire, evidently preparing for an outing.

Velvet throws her leg up, stacking it on top of the other with a chuckle. "Long enough to know that you snore as loud as a jet," she teases, earning an embarrassed flush on your face. "You never mentioned that you could do voice acting in your resume!" Veneer compliments, oblivious to the joke.

You sigh at his ignorance, mustering the very little energy you have to attempt rising from the bed, only to be immediately pushed back into the soft pillows. "No," Velvet instructs firmly. "But—" you attempt to negotiate. "Shut it, you're not leaving bed," she sternly demands.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Veneer asks, brows furrowed. You pause, unfortunately only receiving embarrassing flashbacks. "Yes, unfortunately, I do," you grumble, bringing both hands to your face. You didn't mean to, but getting drunk seemed a way better option than showing up in front of a live audience as an anxious mess.

"Yeah, about that. Don't pull stunts like that again," Velvet spats, her arms crossed as she narrows her eyes with an unwavering sternness. "Do that again, and we'll have to... give your salary a one percent deduction!" Veneer adds, his eyes landing on his sister. He follows her actions, crossing his arms as well.

"But a one percent deduction is barely anything—" you start to inform, your words punctuated by the throbbing ache in your head. "Up-up-up!" Veneer quickly delivers a finger against your lips, effectively shutting you up. "No buts, you can apologize all you want, but we've already decided," he says with a stern expression, while Velvet maintains her strict gaze.

"I'm sorry, I was genuinely a mess yesterday. I hope I didn't say anything to embarrass you," you apologize, earning a sympathetic gaze from Veneer but a teasing one from Velvet.

"Oh, [name], honey. You didn't embarrass us," she reassures with a mischievous undertone. "You embarrassed yourself," she adds with a wink, leaving you dumbfounded.

You gaze at Veneer for confirmation who only looked away in shame, staring intently at the wall as if it was the most fascinating object in existence.

"You're fucking kidding."

"Re-fill her water every five minutes," Velvet reminded, fixing her earrings.

"Keep the room temperature a little warm; it'll be easier for her to sleep that way since it's pouring outside," she added, raising a finger. "Oh, and open the blinds. She might like the view—just do anything that makes her feel better," she finished, Veneer nodding in response.