Death is for the Wicked

VERTIN'S POINT OF VIEW

I closed my eyes shut. 

I could smell the orange fragrance from Schneider. 

"I can't let you die now, my lord. At least, not with my own gun." Schneider said. 

I opened my eyes quickly to see Sonetto rushing towards me, Schneider nowhere to be seen.

Ah... The bullet got jammed. 

I quickly stood up. 

"Sonetto. It's time for us to go."

"Timekeeper?"

"Don't question me." 

Sonetto nodded. 

"Timekeeper, more enemies lay ahead!" Sonetto called out. 

Groups of small, dusty monsters ran towards us. 

"Kchk." I cocked the gun. 

"Sempre caro-!" Sonetto was about to use her arcane skill.

"Pap! Pap! Pap!" I unleashed three bullets upon the dusty monsters. Attacking them in a rage.

There was a heavy silence. 

"Timekeeper..?" Sonetto called out. 

The three dusty monsters were blasted to smithereens, their black blood splattered on the floor.

The other dusty monsters looked up in fear. I looked down at them in fury.

"Kchk. Pap! Pap! Pap!" I shot three more of the monsters. 

"Kc-" I was about to reload the gun again. 

"Timekeeper! Control yourself! There are other patients here!" Sonetto cried. 

"I don't care. Schneider isn't one of them. Unless... you would like to become a patient too?" I gave Sonetto the same cold look she gave me in my dream. 

"Kchk." I reloaded the gun, pointing it at Sonetto's feet, ignoring the monsters that started to approach us. 

"Timekeeper. Us arcanists live by the handbook. This is a violation of our code." Sonetto glared at me. 

I stayed quiet. 

"Sure." I forced a smile as I looked at Sonetto. "I expect you will take care of this then?" 

"Wait, timekeeper!"