Season 1x1/2- New Kid on the Street

A black 1985 Cadilac Fleetwood holding a U-Haul trailer is currently driving down a street before it pulls into an apartment complex. The car turns off and the passengers exit the old vehicle. The first passenger is a 16-year-old African-American and Asian boy with Black hair styled into a low fade with a slit in his left eyebrow, a diamond earring in his right ear, standing at 6'0 with a lean build and some muscle on his arms. The second passenger is a 41-year-old Asian woman with mid-length black hair, standing at 5'5, she looks at her son with a solemn look. She walks around the car and stands next to him.

Kali Price- Look, Kai. I know it's not much but this is the best I could do to get us out of there.

Kai Price- I know, Mom. This works. I'll try to get a job soon to help you with the bills.

Kali P.- Oh, you don't have to do that, son.

Kai- I know, but I want to. This is on me. If I didn't get expelled, we wouldn't have to move--

Kali P.- No, we moved to get out of that area. The fighting wasn't part of it. We moved to get away from him. This will be for the better. For both of us. Come on, let's go find our apartment. 

The mom and son duo walk up to the building, looking for their new home.

Kali P.- 4... 5... 6. Found it.

Kali takes out her apartment keys and opens it. The mother and son walk inside to see a basic-looking apartment. There's a fridge, a clean couch, a stove, a sink, a dishwasher, and a nice TV. Kai explores some more and sees two bedrooms next to each other. The one on the right is larger than the one on the left. He goes inside them and sees that they were recently vacuumed and have basic cleaned beds ready. He leaves the room to see the apartment empty. He walks outside to see his mom unloading the car. He rushes over to help his mom before she falls.

Kai- Mom, you alright?

Kali P.- Yeah, I'm fine. It's not a lot to unload so we could knock it out in an hour.

Kai and his mom unload the car and fill up the apartment with their things. The kitchen is filled and organized with seasonings, snacks, spices, utensils, cooking utensils, pots, pans, and water bottles. The bathroom is filled and organized with female products, soap, toilet paper, towels, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. Their rooms are filled with their personal stuff and their clothing. The mother and son sit on the couch together.

Kali P.- Alright, I'll have to go to the store to get food, detergent, and fabric softener. I'll also have to call a Wifi network to get us set up. You can go out and explore. Be home by 9 PM, okay?

Kai- Alright, I'm gon take a shower first.

Kai makes his way to his room to grab some clothes and a towel before making his way to the bathroom to shower. He gets in and closes the door. He turns on the water, strips, and begins to shower. After a while, Kai gets out of the shower, dries himself off, and gets ready by putting on cologne, deodorant, brushing his teeth, and putting on his outfit which is a Tupac Shirt, some Gray and Blue Ecko Joggers, black socks, and a pair of Black Nikes. He grabs his keys which have a spare apartment key on them, his wallet, and his black Berreta M9. He loads it, puts the safety on, and puts it in the waistband of his pants. He heads out of his room to see his mom on the phone. He signals to her that he's leaving and she nods. He leaves the apartment and closes the door. He sees a middle-aged blond man with a trash bag and sees a light brown-skinned kid with braces talking to him. He walks away from the scene, not caring about it. He walks around for a bit exploring, seeing a potential high school he might go to, a nearby convenience store, a few restaurants he could apply to, some more apartment complexes, some skate parks, and other things before he gets a Facetime call from one of his homies from Compton. The caller I.D reads "Tyrell/T-Dog". Kai picks it up and puts it on speaker.