• Chapter 1 •

{Naomi's perspective}

I stand dumbfounded. I have to sit next to the pick me's. I'm going to kill myself. Gins ok I guess. Plus I sit next to Gin and Ray so at least it isn't Bettie and Hannah I sit between. "NAOMI!!!!!!" Jay screams. Way to embarrass me.

I don't respond. I'm to scared. What if they judge me. I wave back to him. Then I head over to my seat. What am I gonna do. "Get out your text books" the teacher says

I hate science so much. I pull out my text book as Gin stares me straight into the eyes and says "What is your favorite flavour of crisps?" I don't know how to respond. "Oh.. Uh prawn cocktail" I look down in embarrassment of my voice. I sound like a six year old.

I look up and see the teacher standing right in front of me. Glaring. "Fuck" I whisper under my breath. I'm in trouble. "Naomi do the work on the board" Confused, I look up, only to see we had a question. 'What is the cell that transmits DNA '

What am I? A year 7 'nucleus' i jot down quickly. I stare at Jay. He was the only one that was ever there for me when i was in hospital. Last year I was diagnosed with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Mainly caused by my mum's smoking addiction I guess. I wish i was still in bed, at my dad's house. I hate my mum, all she does is drink and smoke. No wonder her and dad were divorced. 

--------------------------------------------

Me and Jay walk out of science, praying next period won't be so bad. "So, what do we have?", I say. "We got math." Seriously? I was praying we had anything other than math. Me and jay walk down the stairs 

We walk down to A block and enter the classroom. We are sat together in this class too. Thank fuck.

--------------------------------------------

I walk home alone. Music booms in my ears. I can see my mum's car outside the house as I get closer. I hate this shit. I walk into the house and my mum welcomes me. "hello nathan."
"That's not my fucking name" I respond back. I storm up the stairs.

I walk into my room and run to my desk. I see a knife. Exactly what I wanted.

I hide it under my bed. Fuck mum. Im gonna kill her.

--------------------------------------------

An hour later she come storming into my room, pissed off. I glance at her. *
"IM KICKING YOU OUT WITH HOUSE YOUNG MAN. " I knew that this was going to happen. I grab my bag and slump off to jays house....